Sponsored by:

Whats going on!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2001, 09:44 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Last night when putting the car in the garage I noticed a scratch the length of the car. It was clearly deliberate as it was a wavy line. "Fortunately" its only in the lacquer and not down to the paint so may polish out. (hopes) Tonight was going to put the car away and there' two more the same all the way down the car. What's going on!!!!! From the nature of them it's clearly deliberate. Why??? What have I done to anyone??

Not sure if it's at work, but that's a relativly secure multi-storey car park - staff only and I always park with that (passenger) side protected by a pillar so it's not bag marks or something.

Could it be jealous neighbours? I've only lived here three months so don't know them all well, and due to the builder's we've got in have had to leave it in the road the last two nights. Co-incidence? Thought it was a nice area. You see these things on the TV kinda gets you thinking.

I've only had this car 4mths from new. Clean it every week, polish it monthly, spend all my cash on it, try to park it as far from danger as I can. But the more I cosset it, the more it seems to get damaged??

Ordered Wax Wizard stuff today so hoping that might help. Feeling a bit p****d off though.

Only Simpons telling me the PPP I've ordered is in, will resurect me from buy state of dispair......some hope.
Old 26 July 2001, 09:52 PM
Luke
BANNED

DT
Good luck at Simpsons. Dont drive that red Proton (I think) Courtecy Car. Its bloody scary !!!! .They should get a better car for us,
Old 26 July 2001, 09:58 PM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Red face

Bad news mate - in answer to your question, you haven't done anything to anyone, but are guilty of having a nice car that scumbags want and are jealous of. Take the bus to work for a couple of days - then you may get an idea of where it's happening. If you find the culpit(s), send the boys round, it's the only language they understand.
Old 26 July 2001, 09:59 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Luke.
Yea been there already. Had a Blue/green Proton. Has to have been the worst car I have ever driven. Was hoping no-one saw me in it too. You'd think they'd at least tint the windows to save embarassment!
Old 26 July 2001, 10:12 PM
PeterPerfect
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

DT, I had a similar problem with mine....much lighter full length scratches though.
I guessed it was the paperboy/postman scraping their bag down the car
I started parking the car right next to the other car on our drive leaving a big access gap on one side only. The scratches stopped so I guess they were trying to squeeze through the narrow gap between our cars.

Some people are just too lazy to walk past a car without moving whatever they are carrying away from the bodywork

Hope the polish works for you.

Pete
Old 26 July 2001, 10:18 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

cheers Pete.

Old 27 July 2001, 12:30 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

You in Wiltshire. Drive down any rural roads?

I have a scratch as you describe all the way down the nearside. If I hadn't noticed the hawthorn that did it, whilst I breathed in to avoid the tractor coming up the hill, I would have jumped to the same conclusion as you when I found it.

Just a thought.

Trending Topics

Old 27 July 2001, 12:58 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

BarryK, same thing happened to mine, must have gone a bit too close to some hedgerows, hence not down to the paintwork.

Wax wizard sorts it ou for me.

Dave
Old 27 July 2001, 01:16 PM
Blackscooby
Scooby Regular

Got nasty scratches down both sides of my Mica Black met. UK94.
Passenders side had my surname "etched" into the rear door with the wavy scratches. Thankfully the markes were mostly on the laquer.
Driver's side has a wavy line from front to back which looks like a knife looking at the way in which the paint & laquer has been "cut".

There are some jealous b@stards out there...

Old 27 July 2001, 02:33 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yep, while in Simpsons I would also say avoid the Proton Coupe they give to special customers, the 'wood' comes away in your hand, nice.

Jon
Old 27 July 2001, 09:24 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

BarryK, DaveP

Haddn't thought of that. Fits with the passenger side scratches. Will check the route to work. Cheers.