Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

A decent insurance quote !!

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2000, 08:40 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you may have read my post on the other chaps question about insurance, so apologies if i'm repeating myself, but this does seem like a decent quote for the uk car drivers amongst us.

I'm 29 with 6 years company car driving experience (worked out cheaper than using my own 3 years no claims), I have one sp50.
my missus is 27 and has one sp30 (both were done in consecutive Januaries - thankfully i got through this Jan )
For a UK 1998 imprezza 4 door was quoted £600 from Tesco's car insurance scheme, bearing in mind i live near crawley in sx (crime capital of southern england almost i think?) I thought this was bloody good.
Only stipulation was a cat 1 alarm.

Not so hot with imports like mine though, went up to £900 plus a cat 1 and a tracker !

Interestingly, had a conversation with a friend from the met on wedsnesday, mentioned that someone on here had said that some police areas don't switch there tracker unit on (read it in one of the posts) to be greeted with a huge guffaw.
All the mets trackers are activated by the ignition with no option to turn them off.
So there you go.
Old 04 February 2000, 09:41 PM
DJB
Scooby Regular

Talking

You're right, that quote was bl**dy good.
I'm 31 with full NCB (wife 28) and both of us have clean driving licences - we spent a considerable amount of time and several phone calls to get a quote less than £1000.

I live just outside Glasgow.

D.
Old 05 February 2000, 06:25 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Question

I'm in the process of sorting out a claim with NU (my insurer), at the moment it looks like it will go down as my fault , the damage to the other party's car was minmial, and mine needs about 500 quids worth of work (debating on whether a new door is a better option than a door skin).

At the moment I have 5 years NCB, If I claim I'll loose 2, plus this years, my XS is 250, so it may be cheaper to pay for the repairs to mine and the Maestro of the other party myself. Question is what happens if I do this, will I still have the accident down as my fault, but retain my NCB? I would guess that as the insurance company won't have had to payout I'll be better off too come renewal time.

My main worry is that I had a similar prang a year ago, but thankfully that went down as the other party's fault, without any doubt. So at 26 with 6 years NCB and two accidents will my premium be hugely different to 3 years NCB and the same accident record, plus two payout instead of one?

Tim

PS Remarkably I still have a clean liscence, despite 18 months witha Scoob, and 2 years witha Corrado!