Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customer care at Greenways of Norwich!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2002, 06:59 PM
Nix
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two months ago my 99 turbo blew a piston while it was 1 month out of warranty. I applied for a goodwill payment from Subaru UK and basically they told me to F#@k off because the car was out of warranty. It has done only 49k and has full dealer history. I even presented them with every receipt for every bulb,tyre and thing I have ever spent on the car to prove how it was looked after (probably better than my kids!!). Greenways of Norwich have also turned round and told me it is tough sh*t and presented me with a quote for £3800 to put a new engine in. Considering that I paid nearly £16k only a year ago, I feel SLIGHTLY hard done by. The worst thing is, they will not even tell me what caused the problem (#2 piston shattered). I don't thrash it like a lunatic and am worried that i'll be splashing out in a couple of years time again because it's a fault with the fuelling or ignition. If you have a view on this or know of somewhere to get a short engine cheaper than the £2200 quote they have given me, please email me at.... nix290@hotmail.com because I dont want to pay those robbing cowboys any more of my hard earned cash.Trading standards say I have good cause to be pi##ed off. Nick Palmer