STi7 rear knocking possible cure.....

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2002, 10:19 AM
STiSteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The dealer has FIXED mine.

Now before everyone starts I know this will not be the fix for everyone but my dealer (Oaken Wolverhampton) who have been as good as gold over the whole issue seem to have fixed my problem.

Firstly after a long wait due to back order in Japan they changed the near side shock and that seemed to make the noise at very slow speeds, worse, within 5 days they had the regional service engineer out and spent a day pushing the car backward and forwards over drains, driving around the compound with someone in the boot, ripped out various interior bits and pieces, and eventually found that the 2 upright bars between the back seat and boot lining that supports the rear shelf, were lose. I must say that the noise didnt sound like it was comming from this area, it definitely sounded like it was comming from the nearside shocker area, but it has cured it.

Having talked to the service manager in great depth about the problem, he has agreed that this may not be the answer to everyone's noise problem, he is aware of possible shocker / top mount and spot weld issues , but this fix will cure some.
IM are aware and I think may be issuing a bulletin to dealers.

Hope this is some help and I repeat before I get flamed it wont cure everyones problem but may help some of you.
The fix was completed last Tuesday (13th) and I have had no problems since

Cheers Steve

PS this has also been posted in the suspension thread.