Sponsored by:

Wake up Police.

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2001, 12:20 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Sometimes you can just tell when someone is going to turn out a total waste of space can't you. Realisticly, can you see this lad turning into a responsible, tax paying citizen the day he turns 18? I don't think so.
*the following is for entertainment purposes only and not to be used as a serious suggestion*
At the end of the day he is only 15 and as such should be very receptive to an "appropriation" into a Transit, cocconing in gaffa tape and taken to a lock up and given a good talking to. No damage done, but a warning of the consequences of his actions should he continue. Then take him to the middle of nowhere and dump him next to a phone box and put 20p in his pocket....
astraboy.
Old 06 June 2001, 12:34 AM
MRK
Scooby Regular

It disgusts me totally. I'm feeling sick just reading Bob's story.

And the Police say they can't chase the little ***** because they may cause him to fall off????

I'm not sure if the Police are worse than the joyriding idiots.

M

PS - But hey at least we all know that the Pigs will be right there when your doing just a tad over 70 on a motorway, on a perfect day with no traffic, while inocent ladies are getting maimed
Old 06 June 2001, 12:59 AM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Several things spring to mind on this one. Don't be holding the rope on the bridge - you will get the blame.

Remember these little ******* kids have friends, who would think nothing of trashing your house if you **** with them.

Possibly a more permenat solution to the bridge is a low style to stop the bikes? Preferably erected in the dark without them noticing...

Personally all of it disgusts me, that's why I don't live in towns anymore... Now I can legally own a shotgun, I have a shovel and 5 acres of woodland... People don't mess like that with farmers... (well they do, but it gets very messy and public then farmers get reputations for shooting people... another completely different and more questionable thread)

By the way, I'm not a farmer. I'm an IT Manager who lives in Devon with his family and works in London to earn the money to afford the scoob

...c
Old 06 June 2001, 04:00 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

Dont give the kids a kicking.

Find their parents and give them a very large kicking, leaving them with the words, sort your kids out or you will get it again & again until you do sort your kids out.

The old saying of **** rolls down hill, the little lambs parents wont like a kicking, little lamb will then get ear ache off the parents as a minimum & hopefuly it will resolve itself.

That or a couple of locals by the bridges with a length of rope, when they come riding along pull the rope tight, off the bike they come & locals dissapear looks like an accident

Old 06 June 2001, 04:37 AM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

After reading the initial story I was going to make a suggestion but barge beat me to it.

The bridge idea that is...I have the feeling the scum parents would'nt be able to comprehend why they were getting a flogging.
Old 06 June 2001, 07:47 AM
Luke
BANNED

"Cut to the chase" Sorry but the quicker the kid gets a very good kicking the better .And when I say good I dont mean intensive care hooked up to an intercooler!!Hurt the scum so that they remember it.

Sorry not to sound so "PC" but thats whats gone wrong with this world.
Old 06 June 2001, 07:56 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Did you really think the Police would be interested in a non-speeding crime
Old 06 June 2001, 07:58 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

What a total total ****.

IMHO these type of people need to suffer big time. I often find (IMO) that the parents are really part of the cause. I saw it many
times at school, and you still see it now.
The parents dont care, so the kids are out of control.

The other day I had to go to hospital with wifey (pregnant). Whilst we were waiting to be seen, one kid knocked over another kid. The brother of the kid who knocked the other one over told his brother to appologise, he refused. So the brother went to his dad, and said "Dad, xxxx knocked over that kid over there and made him cry, you should make him appologise", Dad : "I dont see why he should, he didnt do anything wrong". Now the father didnt see the incident, so how did he know. This kid is going to grow up a bully or some other kind of low life, I would put money on it.

Rope is a good idea, or a stout stick in the wheels always used to work (so I heard anyway )

robski

protect those who are dear to you, no one else will, certainly not the shambles that are called the police.
Old 06 June 2001, 08:05 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Shotgun.
Old 06 June 2001, 08:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

What a terrible thing to happen.

If the Police are unable to or uninterested then i fully agree with the community sorting the problems out - or things just go from bad to worse. These scum only do this 'cause they can and the Government/Police let them get away with it.

These scum should be up for attemped manslaughter or worse.

The rope across the bridge or a damn good kicking seem the way to go. Punish them and or their parents.

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 06 June 2001).]
Old 06 June 2001, 11:10 AM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I agree with all the comments above but the unfortunate thing is that if the locals take the law into their own hands the Police will probably bang them up with no bail.

It's all the wrong way round and you can't win! The only people who seem to win are the bad guys.
Old 06 June 2001, 11:11 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Footlong, couldn't agree more. The punshment should fit the crime.

If it was my Grannie, the kids would be in a wheelchair for the rest of their life.

End of story
Old 06 June 2001, 11:15 AM
jjk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Adopt similar regime to the middle east......flogging, lashes, stoning, cutting off hands.
Lets see how much the crime rate would dip then.
All they see is that they commit a crime and then may get put away in a young offenders home, get taken on trips to foreign countries.....
They are absolute vermin and should be treated so....
Old 06 June 2001, 11:46 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

jjk,

Would you be happy to have your right foot cut off as a fixed penalty for doing 71mph on a 70mph limit motorway? No, that's silly, they would operate a totting up system... one toe for each offence, whole foot from ankle down when you've run out of toes... now thats more like it.

These kids do need to be dealt with somehow, I am not arguing about that, it's just institutionalised brutality as a government and religeous tool is not the way to go about it, IMHO.

Now, although I wouldn't personally advocate it, the rope and bridge idea is a lot more... fair... after all, if they are riding safely, they will be able to stop in plenty of time.

The police should at least try having a really serious talk to the parents.

Moray
Old 06 June 2001, 12:04 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

The other day a bunch of young lads (14-15) stole an old ford car just down the road from me. This happens all the time in my area and is the usual thing for the little b*st*rds to do.
One of the leaders of this little gang has been reported to the police many times for stealing motorbikes and riding them across the grass and across the small wooden bridges at the bottom of my road. The police say they cannot chase him as he does not wear a crash helmet and if he fell off they would be in trouble. He has almost run down kids and mothers as well as the old people. He is very often seen just as school is out doing wheelies on stolen motorbikes right in front of the police. The school has complained about him many times. The police seem to do nothing about it. Lots of old people use the bridges, as there is OAP’s homes in the area.
Anyway he and another 14-15 year old were spinning the wheels of the stolen ford. They lost control of the car and collided with 2 OAP who had just come out the post office after collecting there pensions the car travelled on and pushed the 2 old ladies through a wall. The driver then done a runner.
The 2 old ladies are in intensive care one of them has lost both legs. The both of them are in there eighties and if any of them survive I will be surprised. I live in hope that they will.
The lady in the post office served the two old ladies and just after served the boys and knowing them reported it to police. The police had them in custody the same day. The next day I see one of the lads riding on the back of a motorbike across the bridges with no helmet.
The two lads in the car were given bail and were out quicker than I could finish one shift at work. I hear they have been charged with stealing a car and GBH.
This was an accident waiting to happen, the police had been warned and warned, but it seems its much easier to nab the locals driving in the bus lane. Easy money.
Old 06 June 2001, 12:07 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Bob
What's to say apart from 'that sucks!'
Here's livin in hope eh!
Ron
Old 06 June 2001, 12:19 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Happens all over the world this. In this world wrong is right and right is wrong. I keep waiting to see changes for the better but I have started to lose faith.
Old 06 June 2001, 12:31 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

This type of thing makes me sick , who the hell do they think they are ? I'm surprised the locals haven't given them a good kicking .
Old 06 June 2001, 06:31 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Right, I won't be p!ssing you off then.....

[This message has been edited by Mr Footlong (edited 06 June 2001).]
Old 06 June 2001, 06:58 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

What an ****! I hope the old dears are OK.

I definately agree with sorting it out yourself, in fact I'll come and give you a hand! Who cares how many there are, I'm 6'2" and sixteen stone, I'll take 'em all on!! Any one else in?

Bob ( the other one)
Old 06 June 2001, 08:09 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Drove down the road today and across the road was the little git trying to start a motorbike; he’s 14-15 so it’s obviously not his, no crash helmet on. I give the P1 a bit of throttle and was up to 50 in no time over to the right hand side of road (cars parked on left) and he was then struggling to get the bike onto the pavement but right in line with me. I saw the look in his eyes as I smiled at him swerving at the very last moment missing his bike by inches. He was sh!tting himself. If I had been in the hesitating bag of sh!te I might not have swerved, I felt like it. The little b*st*rd must have no conscience
I must not take the law into my own hands I’m to old for another stretch.
He lives with only his mother and brothers/sisters. He does not go to school as he has been expelled. His mother works all day so he runs amuck all day and stays out to all times of night. He parks motorbikes around the back of his house. So no excuses the mother knows.
Old 06 June 2001, 08:47 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Bob,

can you post the e-mail address (or even the postal address) of your local Chief Constable (or whatever)?

Maybe 6000+ mails (electronic or paper) to him/her might create a change or emphasis!

As the Police seem to be "paper driven" these days, lets play the game!

mb
Old 09 July 2001, 11:54 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Results of the court case.

The eldest boy was apparently not charged he was the ringleader and the one who is always being reported for stealing cars and bikes. I think this lad stayed at the crash and grassed his mate up. The lad that was in court was 14 at the time but 15 now. The court ruled that he should ware a tag for 3 months and he must be home by 19:00. He was also ordered to pay compensation of £250 to each of the old ladies. That’s just £125 a leg. Makes you sick don’t it. Both the old dears survived one is unable to walk the other has no legs. Both are now looked after in a local old peoples home.
Old 10 July 2001, 12:55 AM
Eric Chadwick
Scooby Regular

It's an absolute F-ing disgrace and sadly becoming all the more common. Trouble is if you 'take the law into your own hands' the police and legal system resent you for it and throw the book at you. You have a lot more to lose than these little b@st@rds.

Something is seriously wrong with britain these days. 'Speed kills'(sic) but they can't be arsed to aprehend a lunatic roaming the streets brandishing a large knife 2 mins down the road. They won't chase the kid on a stolen bike because he hasn't got a helmet on - surely that is a reason to chase him ?

I can't believe that these days criminals injured in pursuit of their crime are allowed to sue the owners of the property they were injured in. Frankly they should be allowing mantraps - it might cut the burglary rate a bit.

Re shotguns : Like speeding the good person always seems to be in the wrong here. Threaten (no shots fired) some ******* trying to break into your house and if the police find out chances are they'll try to get your licence revoked.

Old 10 July 2001, 07:29 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

Actually I think some public humilation is the way to go. These brats live off of their reputation and the sycophants who follow them around do so because it's cool.

The way to resolve this is make the ******, so uncool he will lose his power base and reputation.

So Lock em up in the stocks, in the middle of town, wearing a pink fluffy tutu. Get the kids family to buy the eggs, tomato's etc for passers by/other kids to throw at the kid.

For extreme cases, shave their eyebrows into the word Prat

Any image of being a hardcase will vanish in the first 5 minutes. As will any chance of them doing it again.

Much easier to send them to the Maldives though.
Old 10 July 2001, 08:11 AM
jsh
Scooby Regular

Unless it is a motoring offence the Police suffer from total apathy.

I was driving through my local town, about 50 yards from the police station and I saw a guy walking along, very drunk or high and carrying a knife that must have been about 10 inches long, and he was just holding it like he was going to stab someone.

I shot round to the police station and there were 2o coppers sat in a car outside, so I went up to them and explained what I saw and where the guy had gone, and the lazy ba5tard5 just sat there and said that this wasnt there area and they were just visiting.

They did not even radio anyone, but I am sure that if I was driving the scoob, they probably would have arrrested me for intent to speed or someother crap.

I am getting so pi55ed off with the ways things are and it is no wonder that people want to take things into there own hands these days, I know that I have been tempted may times.

Rant over, now I am really annoyed

Jason
Old 10 July 2001, 08:24 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

My wife had a bit of a harrowing experience last night. Coming home from work, a van pulled out into her Fortunately she drives a 4x4 so they just clashed wing mirrors, no damage done, but the two guys in the van start shouting and screaming at her, despite the fact it was their fault Because of this (and because there was no damage done to either vehicle) she drive off afraid to stop – thank god! These lunatics then followed her for 5 minutes flashing their lights, shouting, clenched fists out of the window, at time pulling alongside her trying to force her off the road!!!!

She eventually managed to lose them in a busy retail park, got home, very upset and rang the police. She gave them the story, a brief description of the van and 2 occupants and the officers official helpful response?? “WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO ABOUT IT?”

They then went on to say that she can be ‘done’ for failing to stop at an accident!!!!???? Despite the fact that she rang the police the very second she got home to report it, and explain that she didn’t stop as she feared for her safety???? We were then told no action will be taken unless the van driver reports it in which case she may be prosecuted

I had no respect for the Police before last night, but after last night it has proved that the Police have as much desire to serve and protect the public as Harold Shipman. Granted, I know this incident (along with rapes/murders/child abuse etc etc etc) is lowest priority for the police as they don’t get any revenue for them, and actually have to do some work rather than sitting in a comfortable car only moving to write a ticket, or re-position the speed camera, but (excuse my language) What the **** does the public need to do to get the police to ‘police’???
Old 10 July 2001, 10:18 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Angry

While the police are currently campaigning to make speeding more socially unacceptable, will they only be happy once speeding (anywhere) is more unacceptable than teenagers putting old ladies in hospital.

I believe I have more chance of getting away with murder/rape/robbery etc than doing 105mph down an open motorway. Second thoughts, maybe not, I'm way past being a teenager.
Old 10 July 2001, 12:29 PM
Natural Born Chiller
Scooby Regular

Location: Waltham, a nice village that's just a little too close to Grimsby!
Red face

These lads need sorting! I agree with astraboy's suggestion, but i would lynch them one night, tie em up good, remove all facial hair, pour a bottle of printer ink over their sore scalps (have you ever tried removing this stuff?), and chuck the scum in to a shallow ditch somewhere out in the sticks, maybe beside a public footpath so they would be found the next day... Maybe Not!!!

The B@stards!

It sickens me further to know how lightly they got off... The british legal system is a complete sham, and desperatly needs an overhaul.

I hate these kinds of threads... They really wind me up!

Old 10 July 2001, 01:03 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

I have duly payed my £40 fine by Visa credit card for being a hazzard and an obstructive menace whilst filtering in a bus-lane past stationary cars. This is preferable to the other filtering option of pointing my motorcycle at oncoming traffic, on the right.

Ohh how I must have held up dozens of buses with my lethargic 900!

Someone out there 'in charge' needs to adjust their priorites and targets. I think we are all getting closer to a serious backlash, where physical resistance and a mass protest might be in order. Ohh the idea of dispatching a dozen revenue cameras (NOT justifiable red light cams) in a mob frenzy so appeals - these Wa@*#rs that attack corporate old McDonalds would surely help us out!!

Don't worry I am all talk - but I do have a touch up can in 'Gatso Grey' in the boot...just to settle any old scores you understand

Quick Reply: Wake up Police.