Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooby service

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2001, 11:52 PM
JKJ2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the scooby 6 months now and its nearly service time. The car is a MY '98 PPP conversion, with 26,000 mls on the clock.

The performance has been everthing you guys have said it would be, the handling has taken some getting used to, but now I realise it will slide rather than just let go, I am alot more confident with it.

The car does seem to possess two of the more common problems talked about on this web-site, namely clutch judder, which seems to occur only when the car is first used or it's wet, no problems after that when the car is warm. Secondly the engine sounds like a deisel until the temp gauge starts to climb, is this the piston slap I hear people talking about ?

I've pre-warned the dealer of the clutch problem and seemed to detect a definite defensivness on the problem, even though the car has a 2 year extended warrenty on it so should'nt cost them a penny to fix.

But what about this noise at start up, do they all sound like this or might it be piston slap, if it is whats the remidy ?