future of the dyno site

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2001, 08:17 AM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Paul,

If you want some help with the site, please drop me a mail.

Thanks

Gavin
Old 05 July 2001, 12:27 PM
strong
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

All,

I am unlikely to attend any dyno days in the near future because I no longer have the desire to give up a whole weekend to attend a dyno day AND get the results up on dyno.scoobynet.

So, if you would still like me to maintain the dyno site I will need the organiser and/or runners of a dyno day to help by collecting all the necessary details, data and graphs.

If anyone has the time and desire to attend the southern dyno days and then scan in the graphs and maintain the website, please email me, and we'll sort it out with Scoobynet.

I have created a Word document (see page at bottom of dyno site about submitting runs) that I'd recommend the dyno day organiser prints out and the organiser/runners fill in on the day with all the information about each run (eg car mods, mileage, boost pressure, power, torque, graph filename if at PE, etc). When each dyno graph is printed off, a second will need to be printed for me to scan in for the dyno site. Then all this information should be posted to me by snail mail by someone connected with the dyno day (organiser, runner or the tuning company -- I wouldn't recommend the last because they're usually too busy). Please could dyno day organisers email me when a day has been organised that will go on the dyno site -- I don't monitor the scores of new threads each day and if I am warned of a dyno day I can get the data on the web soon after receiving it.

If this is all too much effort then I am sorry but I am not chasing people any more and won't update the site. I am willing to put in the time to maintain the site, but not gather the raw data. I will still update the site with individual runs (those not part of a dyno day) as before, getting the graphs when I can.

This weekend I will be getting the graphs from the April dyno day at PE. Merv tells me that he only has basic car and mod information for the dyno day. Therefore I will need the people who ran on 14th April (that haven't already contacted me) to email me with details of their car/mods/mileage/petrol RON/etc, otherwise the skimpy details of the cars and mods are pretty useless and I won't put them on the site.

I hope this great community can give me the support I need to continue with the dyno site.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 06 July 2001, 12:42 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Perhaps the organiser of each individual day would be the best person to gather this info and pass it onto you?
I'll do it for the ones I arrange.

Stef.
Old 06 July 2001, 01:46 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
I'm sorry that I am not in a position to help but I would like to thank Paul for the tremendous work he's done. I have spent many happy hours poring over lots of priceless data.

It would be a very sad loss to ScoobyNet if the dyno pages were to go.

Richard.
Old 06 July 2001, 03:07 PM
strong
Scooby Regular

I agree that the organiser of the dyno day should organise the collection of the data as well. They can get various runners on the day to spend an hour or two each making sure the details are filled in after each run (at PE for example, Merv is busy trying to get through the long list of runners, so he needs to be specifically asked about the boost pressure and CO% etc).

FYI, I collected the 14/4/01 dyno day and 3/3/01 Audi/Scooby mini-dyno-day (418 bhp RS4 anyone?) graphs today. Unfortunately I'm out all this weekend, but they'll be on the site before next weekend's dyno day.

Paul
Old 06 July 2001, 11:46 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

I too would like to thank Paul for all his tremendous hard work.

There are not many site like that on the web, and the reason is they take SO long and SO much effort to maintain.

I know Paul has emailed me at all sorts of silly hours of the day and night to tell me off because I've forgotten to start the FTP server or something.

Paul, anything you need, let me know. If you need an interface building so people can upload their info themselves and you can check and authorise it, etc let me know

All the best

Simon