Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time/trials

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2002, 08:49 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freedom of speech/choice and all, by the way this is totally legal given the roads have a 60mph limit and on these roads that will be very hard to do, hence this is why i posted it.
Jason
Please reply with your stance on this.
Old 06 August 2002, 08:52 PM
Little Miss WRX

Exclamation

Jason,

The stance is one that Scoobynet takes, you don't have to like it, I am not asking you to like it. Accept it.

You are free to post it on another board should that board allow it.

This one does not.

Regards,

Michelle.
Old 06 August 2002, 09:09 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Jason,

Freedom of speach has NO bearing on this what so ever.

Considering this totally negates your insurance, it is deemed as an irresponsible and illegal act....if you dont believe me, maybe you should read your insurance documents (any type of timed event will void your policy).

Whether a road is deserted or is not an issue, if it is a public road that is enough to make it unacceptable.

If you wish to do this kind of activity, it's best left for the track, and it is definately NOT something the Scoobynet community wants to be associated with.

Imagine the kind of response you would have if you asked your local police authority, whether or not this was acceptable!?

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 06 August 2002, 10:27 PM
Sprint Chief
Scooby Regular

Jason,

There already exists a network of such events organised within a proper, legal structure

Navigational rallies take place late on weekend nights along 60 limit country lanes. The art of the event is to average a strict 30 mph along stages of typically between 4 and ~25 miles. Trust me, 30mph average is a lot more difficult than it sounds, especially when the route is provided in coded form and you have eight minutes to decode the route and drive four miles down twisty lanes...

If you are interested in doing these, let me know. I can put you in touch with motor clubs which organise these, with full co-operation with the police, through proper channels.

Shaun is right in saying your insurance *will not cover* your vehicle for the duration of such events. Third party insurance will be arranged for the duration of the event through the motor club but you should be aware that as 3rd party cover, if you total your car, tough! So best not bring the 22B, or it may leave a dent in the finances