Sponsored by:

Just Greetings...........

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2001, 10:40 PM
Per
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just logged on to say hello - I'm an RS driver - but don't hold that against me !! my RS is a MKII RS2000, running twin carbs, a T3 turbo, intercooler, etc, etc (more of the spec if anyone is interested) - currently running 208 bhp and 261 lb ft torque and ran a 14.63 qtr mile at santa pod with an ET of 94.96mph last Sunday- not bad for a 22 year old car

Anyhow, as many of the other RS'ers are getting tired of the bitching and moaning on the RSBB (still a lot of good people there, but.......), I thought I stick my head up here to see if it's going to get shot off, or if you are all a nice bunch of people, interested in cars, general banter and a laugh.

Hope to hear from someone soon

Per

Old 29 June 2001, 10:47 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Hello, welcome

ont get your head shot off, but you may get the P*** taken a bit

Car sounds cool for its age ! surprise a few cossies

[This message has been edited by Ian Cook (edited 29 June 2001).]
Old 29 June 2001, 10:52 PM
Per
Scooby Newbie

Don't mind a bit of **** take - after all, what's a BB without some wind up (no bitching & moaning though - come on here for a chat and to unwind)

Yes the car is plenty quick - but I need to play with the gearing and a better cam - want to get into the high 13's on the quarter mile - then I'll be well pleased

It's not just the cossies it surprises - a few Beemers as well - they may leave me on top speed, but sticking to their tail up to 130 or so mph - really get them worried and any way - 130 in a MKII feels like much more!

Old 29 June 2001, 10:58 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Great figs for an old Ford. I could never get that speed out of my ford let alone that time. Mind you most of the time someone was towing it.
Old 29 June 2001, 11:01 PM
gaz1048
Scooby Regular

I wish I could see the faces of the beemer drivers as you stay with them in a mkII!!! Burned any scoobies?
Old 29 June 2001, 11:11 PM
Per
Scooby Newbie

Burned any Scoobies ?- Not yet mate - would like a side by side quarter mile challenge with one though!! should be a fairly close thing, even if the scooby wins

My best run recently happened when I had just picked up my car from having a mapped ignition system installed - out for a test run near Thetford - I said to Andy, with me at the time - need something big to play with, when he spotted a Jag XJR (seriously - no kidding) - 3 passengers - he floored it and I did so too - stuck on his tail all the way between to 2 roundabouts - probably a mile - he was obviously pushing his Jag to the red line - puffs of smoke as he changed up - he pulled over to let me pass and Andy said the driver had an enormous grin on his chops - bet he was well impressed that a little old MKII could keep up with him!!

At the moment I need to sort out my bushes and rear springs as the bushes are knackered, and the rear springs are nearly there - so it can get a bit skittish over any thing other than a smooth road.

Car is always entertaining to drive though.

Per
Old 29 June 2001, 11:55 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Should have no problems with the Scoobies then an XJR Auto is faster than a P1 over a quarter.
Old 30 June 2001, 07:32 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Oh my Gawd......

Lock the doors .....

Lock up ya daughters..

We're being invaded...

Richard

Oh yeah as they say on the EVO bbs

*representing 22B and RS200 owners*