Sponsored by:

I'm getting PPP for an 01 in a couple of weeks

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2001, 06:05 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

but it's on a UK300 though sorry to upset anyone but i could'nt resist.

I've just been told by my dealer that it should be ready to pick up in a couple of weeks and i can't wait. its coming with the quickshift, and once i've got it its going to Pete's for a Boost gauge, centre section and filter.Then once my wallets refilled itself i'm going for the SS Xenon spots

Scott
Old 26 June 2001, 06:33 PM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Scott

The centre section of the exhaust is replaced as part of the Performance package in order to remove the final catalyst.

You will also have no warranty if you fit a different air filter and it makes a very small difference to performance if anything at all!

The GD driving lamps will also be available from your dealer soon

Regards

Mike
Old 26 June 2001, 06:41 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Mike

All-right then, no filter. But the centre section has a resonator and i don't really want it. Will removing this invalidate my warrenty.

thanks for your reply
Scott

BTW have you got price,spec(big like PIAA or small like P1) and availabilty for the Xenons
Old 26 June 2001, 07:50 PM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Time for a rename yet Scott?

Lucky old you - the rest of us MY01's are still waiting to even get a date for a PPP - do we have spinach between our teeth or something?

Mike

Have you sorted out some improved (lowered ) suspension for the MY01 yet? My bonus is burning a hole in my pocket and the Wife is offering to spend it for me!

Duncan
Old 26 June 2001, 09:09 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Cool

BugEyed,
I spoke to Prodrive earlier today about when they will be offering a suspension upgrade for the MY01 and was told end of August, also
enquired about a high rear spoiler and was told they will be doing one, but it will be the same as on the UK300 .Looks like Mr Croney will be getting my support as originally planned but wanted to check ou the "official" options first.

The end of August seems to be a popular date for Prodrive/Subaru upgrades

simon.

[This message has been edited by PCB (edited 26 June 2001).]
Old 26 June 2001, 11:39 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
They can take their time as far as I'm concerned, car's still growing on me and I'm yet to get in touch with my insurance people, lazy I guess.

Make sure you let us know what it's like though.
Old 27 June 2001, 10:23 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Scott

The exhaust on the WRX is now in four sections rather than three.
The first is the downpipe with a catalyst which we will be keeping.
The second is a short section with a catalyst which we will be changing for a straight through pipe but refitting the heatshields to protect the gearbox (it therefore will look as it did originally)
The third is a longer section which has a small silencer in it which does not restrict gas flow at all so removing it will have no performance benefit.
The fourth is the rear silencer which we will be changing. This is a different internal design to the old performance package silencer and therefore has a slightly different sound but is still quiet on the cruise.

The lights will be large ones that are basically the same size as the fog lights but rather more effective at letting you know what's in front of you

Simon
I don't know who you spoke to yesterday but we don't have a date for availability of WRX supension upgrades yet. August would be nice though!

Duncan
What about 18" wheels and tyres and big brakes? At Croft the std suspension did not limit the potential of the car, actually making it quite progressive and easy to drive very quickly without the all or nothing behaviour of some other cars in the rather wet conditions

Mike
Mike
Old 27 June 2001, 10:51 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mike,
i spoke to Simon Parkes/Parker ?

simon.
Old 27 June 2001, 10:55 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>

The end of August seems to be a popular date for Prodrive/Subaru upgrades

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmmmmm.......

......or at least you'll join the que

Jza
Old 27 June 2001, 11:59 AM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Mike
What i'm after is noise, an impreza should be noisy. will changing the third section cause me warranty hassles.

Thanks
Scott

p.s my RB5 was SS downpipe,centre and backbox. So i'm used to the sound and i want it
Old 27 June 2001, 01:07 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Scott
My MY01 SS system is quieter than my MY00 SS system, whilst effectively identical from the turbo back there is a small additional cat in the turbo up pipe on the MY01 which seems to quieten the system down. All other systems will have the same effect, PPP/Prodrive included - so if you are after noise (man after my own heart ), you will be disappointed.....
Old 27 June 2001, 06:06 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments Dave,

I thought the first cat was in the manifold but if its in the turbo feed pipe surely someone(Pete ) could do a replacement pipe for that

Scott
Old 27 June 2001, 06:16 PM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Smile

Mike

Thanks for the reply.

I take your point about the standard suspension being progressive - particularly when used in the wet at a trackday.

However, I would like the car to be lower as it 'looks high' on the standard set up.

Any idea when I need to have saved up for the Prodrive set up?

Duncan

Old 27 June 2001, 08:04 PM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Duncan

Not sure at the moment until we have finished testing. It could be as lttle as springs and other low value parts, right the way up to a fully adjustable set-up or anything in between.

Mike

Old 27 June 2001, 08:22 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RB5SCOTT:
<B>Thanks for your comments Dave,

I thought the first cat was in the manifold but if its in the turbo feed pipe surely someone(Pete ) could do a replacement pipe for that

Scott[/quote]

Watch this space.....

(and don't tell Mike )
Old 27 June 2001, 08:35 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

I'm hoping my UK300 get its PPP next week. Now my UK300 is nicely run in I'm finding it dull to say the least. Its got no real get up and go below 4000. Not sure how anyone can live with the std WRX. I cant believe I'm saying it but the gearing almost feels too long. Ive got caught out a few times in the last two days, when Ive put my foot down and nothings happened. You seem to wait longer for this car to come on boost than a bus at long term parking to appear. And yes I do remember these engines are tighter new than a Scotsmans wallet.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my original drive of the PPP MY01 was all I remember it to be. To all those that have been waiting patiently I can truly sympathise.

Worse thing is Ive convinced a guy that reports to me to enter the fold in a std WRX Wagon. Hope he still talks to me/ stays with the company. Worst case he'll be after a rise/bonus to pay for the PPP . Still suzzane @ Adams is happy

Mike

Looking forward to keeping the local Max
Power crowd happy with something a bit more slammed

Jonathan
Old 27 June 2001, 08:54 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

ahhh, chins, the little seeds of doubt start to grow my sti 5 is an absolute peach! i cannot fault it
i hope the uk300ppp IS as good as you remember, otherwise your words in autocar, which obviously i WILL repeat should u trade it in, will come back to haunt you
waiting in anticipation........
p.s.
fiver says you trade it no matter what at the end of the year
be honest, do the looks of the car thrill u the way the previous shape did? and did you think the old shape was as lacklustre without ppp?
just think what u could have bought for 24k
u can still have that P1
Old 27 June 2001, 09:07 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Spudgun

I do have the same feeling as when I got a MY00. Maybe I'm just a spoilt brat . Cant remember the lag being this bad. Yes I did think the old shape was lacklustre without the PPP, but not this bad. To say the UK300 gets some looks is an understatement. Where the old shape is common the sight of this is turning heads. Took the Max Power posse out for a spin the other night, they loved it.
The only thing worrying me is they love the spoiler.

Still my Seat dealer who has connections says i can get an M3 real quick . I'll let you know my true thoughts in a week or so. I'm just hoping the words BANG dont come to haunt you

Jonathan

Old 27 June 2001, 09:51 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

the only bang you'll here from me is a sonic boom as i whizz past u in your bug eyed freak
sti5 running nicely on 97 plus octane booster. may get it remapped next year for lower ron fuel. jeez, did i just say that ? me, in a car that ive owned longer than six months, surely not
hope u like the m3
did your sti go bang? i dont actually plan any daft mods for this car, it does everything i ask of it. mind u, we always want more in the end
actually, one of the drawbacks of the ppp on my last car, was that it was the 'end' of the modding. was warned off decatting due to overboosting, and found the prodrive exhaust way too quiet
cant win eh?
Old 28 June 2001, 08:42 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by spudgun:
<B>
actually, one of the drawbacks of the ppp on my last car, was that it was the 'end' of the modding. was warned off decatting due to overboosting, and found the prodrive exhaust way too quiet
cant win eh?[/quote]

Be brave oh young one (and don't always take the official line as 'gospel' )

I added a downpipe, straight through centre section, SS Backbox and Induction kit to a MY99 PPP, gave it the performance (287hp) and the 'sound' it needed MMMMmmmmm sweet 'Gp N' burble.....

It did almost 25000 miles (incl 3 track days) with all modifications and never missed a beat