My Fun Day instead of working!!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2001, 07:31 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

9am - Woke up with hangover!
10am - Arrived at Jaguar House and complained that subaru assistance did not know of me or any warranty on my car from intermoto bought 3 mts ago!
11am - Back home waiting for phonecall.
1pm - Subaru ring to say they will pick up my car within the hour and am i with it. Explain that the car has been abandoned in a place i don't know for 3 DAYS
2pm - Get to my car - it was still there.
3pm - Still phoning to find where the car is going for warranty repair!!!
4pm - Gets to Monks Heath motors and explains all the problems. They agree to look at the breakdown (electrical) and the gearbox crunching but refuse to check air con even though it has never worked on the car! and quote £100 for a re-gas! Dreamers -
5pm - Stuck in rush hour traffic!!
6pm - Told i have a rental car for 2 days and even though i pay £2500 insurance on the scoob and am fully comp will have to pay £10 per day CDW and then ask for renewal if car isn't ready! (also its a polo 1.4 **** thing cause im under 25!)
6.30pm - Home 100mile round trip and £80 in wages for cover because i was not in work!!!

Who says buying from a dealer is the way to go, next subaru i buy will be from a person who is desparate not to sell and has every invoice for the car from new, i will offer him f**k all for his pride and joy and he will have to sell it cause he has been offered even more stupid prices by others!!

I am off to the pub to get
Old 18 June 2001, 07:55 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

DeerHunter

I know it's probably not your priority but with regard to the aircon - I had mine regassed by a Subaru dealer for £65.

The annoying thing is that I am pretty certain that the aircon hadn't been working since I bought the car last November. I only noticed that it wasn't working when we had that really warm spell a few weeks back.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the aircon had an electrical fault (apparently) which, was repaired under the Subaru approved warranty for cars over 3 years old. However, the regas is a "service item and is not covered by warranty under any circumstances whatsoever"!!!! My argument was that if the aircon wasn't operating then I couldn't run it as recommended periodically, therefore if that was why it needed regassed then it should be covered.

Eh! Uh! wrong answer!

Sorry to hear that you have had such a **** day M8. Any point in saying that things can only get better?

Den