Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 03

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2002, 03:36 PM
kenneth
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just booked a service and asked for a test drive in an sti. i was told sorry just sold our demo and not getting anymore. looks like even the sti will be different in MY03 spec. anyone heard anything else?
Old 19 July 2002, 05:09 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

I believe that all the STi's for this year have been sold. This is certainly true of the prodrive version
Old 19 July 2002, 05:20 PM
daz b
Scooby Regular

Local dealer told me sold up (in staffs)
Old 21 July 2002, 09:52 PM
r5obbo
Scooby Regular

i don't know if i've missed something here, but is the my03 going to be different ?? if so could anyone tell me as i was thinking of swopping mine and i dont want to have a new old model if you know what i mean. is the body shape altering? the interior? it wouldn't suprise me really if the shell was changed to be a smaller dimension more like the peugeot or the new mitsubishi. it is starting to look a bit dated already when you look at thesecars and the new type r.the new mitsu looks well don't you think??
Old 21 July 2002, 09:56 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

The impreza has changed for every model year. Some years more than others. e.g my01 to my02 changed radio aerial to rear screen.

There are 'rumours' not yet supported by anything from Subaru UK that there will be a facelft of the front and rear, perhaps new lights and wings. Although there has been no official confirmation here, I believe our Australian cousins have had this confirmed.

It is unlikely you will get to see the result till at least September.

Edited to say.
If you don't like the current shape, you may wish to wait, there is however no guarantee that the my03 will be any prettier.

[Edited by MattW - 7/21/2002 9:59:19 PM]
Old 21 July 2002, 10:33 PM
r5obbo
Scooby Regular

Talking

thanks MATT,
I WASN'T WORRIED TOO MUCH ABOUT THE ODD CHANGE, IT WAS IF IT WAS GOING TO BE DRASTIC , IT JUST SEEMS TO ME THAT THE WAY FORWARD IS GOING TO BE THE HOT HATCH AGAIN WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE NEW STYLES THAT ARE BEING RELEASED.
Old 21 July 2002, 11:41 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

i read in auto express a few months ago that subaru are going to get prodrive to do the 03 version as so many people have said the 01 has lost the edge compared to the old shape allegedly(i cant remember exact details as i never bought the mag)
martin
Old 22 July 2002, 12:07 AM
r5obbo
Scooby Regular

HOPE THEY DO ,CAUSE EVERYONE SEEMS TO GO FOR THE PRODRIVE OPTION ANYWAY . YOU NEVER KNOW ...YOU MIGHT GET A PRODRIVE PACKAGE AS STANDARD THEN ..EVEN A BETTER DEAL
Old 22 July 2002, 08:59 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Smile

I seem to have read the same article, according to Autoexpress or Autocar the only thing remaining the same is the 'glasshouse'.
Best wait and see though, we will all know by September and the Paris Motorshow.