Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! New Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2002, 11:21 PM
J Bee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just about to order my first ever brand new WRX and am very excited but confused about the headlight modification option i've chosen - it's called 'Morette' and is £600 and only £50 for xenon 'bulbs' - i wanted xenon lights but doesn't this sound wrong? I thought xenon lighting was not just a bulb but a whole kind of different unit. Is leather a waste of time? Your comments would be really appreciated. I'm opting for blue black mica.
Old 12 July 2002, 11:45 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Morrette headlamp conversion means your bugeye won't have bugeyes! I assume you've seen what they look like if your chosing that option?

You can get xenon bulbs from halfords (or many better places too!) for about £15 each. They are like normal bulbs, but have more xenon inside the glass rather than other inert gases. Net effect is often 30-50% brighter (according to manufacturers), and whiter light. Certainly much better than conventional bulbs.

HOWEVER these are NOT what people normally mean when they talk about Xenon lights. Xenon lights in the sense I think you mean are technically Gas Discharge lamps. These are a lot different to normal lights, and require fancy starter circuitry etc. I think legally gas discharge lamps also must be self adjusting in the UK. You won't get them for £50 more. They certainly give much brighter light.

Speak to your dealer, and make sure that you're ordering what you want.
Old 12 July 2002, 11:57 PM
J Bee
Scooby Regular

AH! i thought so. Can u get a gas discharge headlight conversion for the current wrx? from a dealer? how much?
Old 13 July 2002, 12:15 AM
hades
Scooby Regular

Don't know about from a dealer.

Scoobysport will do a Xenon conversion for the Morettes at £419 - see http://www.scoobysport.co.uk/lights.htm
Am sure others do too.

Yet more free publicity for Pete Croney!

Phil