Sponsored by:

The Irony of Life

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2002, 05:31 PM
P1 Enthusiast
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

So there i am going along down to Portsmouth for an appointment. Thinking to myself, nice bank balance this month, nice holiday coming up, rosy world.

Hit the rush hour somehow at Oxford at 9.20 !! Do ppl in Oxford go to work for 10am and no one told me?

Traffic and weather finally clears and its time to get all that time back. Almost back on time. Pushing on a bit, Porsche appears. Its just got sunny....

Typical yuppy in the Porsche, the stereo type i hate. Overtakes me, after i move over to let him and SLOWS DOWN below my constant speed. My biggest pet hate - as if to say - this is a Porsche this is.

So i overtake him again, at my constant speed. And he wants to race.... Ok fine, German over-priced crap is not necessarily better than a Subaru !!

He takes a 50 foot running over-take at me, but i see him, he gets along side me and STOPS! The P1 out-accelerates his precious Carrera 2 with his boss suit and rollex. So big smug grin, i was ready for him and my measely 'Jap Crap' showed up his 60k Porsche.

BUT .........

KASOSH!!

Hmm was that a coke can? Hmm burst tire? Nope, what the heck. Porsche driver pulls along side. Its turn out the P1 front lip fell off launched itself behind me and turns into about 3 million specks of blue plastic dust all over the M3 eastbound about J10.

Porsche driver gets the last laugh, my bloody body shop won't admit they undoubtedly didnt use the right stuff to stick it on with and i sold my bloody spare front lip 5 months ago!!

/sigh, and to make matters worse it was in to have the lip re-stuck properly tomorrow. I tell ya irony all over this one! Couldn't resist the Porsche though!
Old 11 July 2002, 06:58 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Sounds nasty mate - I take it the front lip flipped over the car and not underneath the wheels?
Old 11 July 2002, 09:28 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

But if its any consolation, you did beat a Porsche instead of the normal Nova or Corsa that some people gloat about.
Old 11 July 2002, 12:19 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

And I felt sure you were going to say you got nicked at 150mph..

think yourself lucky mate..

JGM
Old 11 July 2002, 01:48 PM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Red face

Unlucky mate, glad you thrasshed the yuppy though
Thought the lip woild have been screwed on, suprised.