Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Cover for my Scoob?

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2001, 10:05 AM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking for a car cover to stop all the dust gathering on it (it's about 5mm thick at the moment). Nothing too fancy but would prefer a decent one though. Any suggestions?
Old 06 June 2001, 10:37 AM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Gordon,

I park my Scoob under some trees and found I was having to wash it every morning as it was covered in bird **** and tree sap all the time.

I got a Tyvek breathable cover from Halfords. This is silver in colour, breathable and waterproof and has an elastic hem a bit like a fitted bedsheet that hooks under the front and rear bumpers.

It also has 2 bungee cords that go under the car and stop the cover blowing away in the wind. I've had mine nearly a year now and have been able to both hand wash it and pop it in the washing machine with no adverse effects.

The Large size fits the MY00 4 door with standard high rear wing. I think it cost about £60.

Sean
Old 06 June 2001, 10:39 AM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Sean. Think I'll go and pay Halfords a wee visit.
Old 06 June 2001, 11:06 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Gordon,

I have a Covercraft cover which is fully breathable and washable plus an exact fit for my Scoob with a MY00 spoiler. It is superb but I think they can be circa £250. I got my second hand so it may be worth asking around and see if someone doesn't need theirs.

You can order them from the US where they are significantly less than here in the UK. US details on the web and UK details can usually be found in the back of EVO/Car.

Best regards,

Jon
Old 06 June 2001, 11:22 AM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Jon

I had a look at the Covercraft covers. They do indeed look smart and does the job well, but as you say, it's a bit on the expensive side.

Why is it that you can get them cheaper in the states than here?

Is there anything here that is cheaper than anywhere else in the world??????
Old 06 June 2001, 11:30 AM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Smile

Gordon,

The corect name for the Tyvek cover is: 'Tyvek Top Cover' and it is not made by Halfords only sold by them. Don't confuse it with a flimsy nylon(ish) Halfords own brand car cover that is not breathable, is blueish in colour and needs removing every day to allow condensation to evaporate.

The Tyvek cover is ideal for my needs and pretty cheap. I had a custom made fitted cover like Mossman for my MGB and they are indeed very good but I think they are for more long term storage. I use the Scoob every day and it only takes me a few seconds to remove the Tyvek cover in the mornings, roll it up, place in boot and a couple of minutes in the evenings to refit. (hooking on the bungee cords takes a bit longer than undoing them, hence the extra time for fitting)

Sean