Sponsored by:

What do u get for 14k?

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2002, 05:29 PM
njoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I`m looking to spend about 14k on a uk scoob,what should i be looking for as i`m new to impreza`s & are the dealers around yorkshire worth paying a bit extra for?
Old 22 June 2002, 06:17 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Oh I reckon you could get a nice white MY01, with a big spoiler and full decat, fsh, ITG panel filter for that.
Old 22 June 2002, 07:00 PM
ScoobyRAZ
Scooby Regular

Smile

Welcome njoy.

6 months ago this was the same budget I had to spend on a standard UK Turbo. I am not keen on the new 'bug-eyed' imprezas & the 5dr hatchback (personal choice only), so it had to be a classic 'old' shape saloon style for me. After reading countless mags (mainly Evo) and looking at the FAQ on the SIDC web site I decided it was a MY99 onwards (read up on the above site and you will see there were a few decent & essential upgrades for the MY99). I then had a bit of good fortune and acquired, via my brother (he works in the motor trade), a Deep Blue Mica MY99 standard UK turbo saloon, FSSH with 32k & 1 previous owner. If I had paid full wack it would have been 14k, but as I said my brother is in the trade so managed a bit of the old discount. I later learned from the guys on here that the ECU on a MY99 is one of the better ones to have (the ECU on the MY00 onwards is apparently not as good - it is the colour of the label and the numbers on the ECU that you need to check).

It all comes down to personal preference but I hope a brief insight into my experience will help you decide.

If you have any questions on Imprezas just post them on here & I'm sure someone will have the answer. 99% of the guys on here are decent blokes and more than willing to give you advice and let you know their experiences.

(by the way if you like driving you'll never stop smiling once you start driving around in one - they're awesome)

Cheers
Rich
Old 22 June 2002, 09:03 PM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just been out for a quick blast for the hell of it (99MY).

Should come with 'Let me entertain you' playing as standard.
To be honest, as quick as anyone REALLY needs and good fun to throw about.

I'd recommend buying privately provided that you do all the checks like HPI, service history checks, inspection. Save yourself the £3k dealer's markup and if its full history and just under 3 years old, buy a comprehensive 1 year warranty from your local Subaru dealer for some extra peace of mind.

Old 22 June 2002, 09:13 PM
Riftzone
Scooby Regular

Wink

2 months ago I bought a standard premium silver MY99 from Subaru dealer (Newcastle) - 12.5k with 55k on the clock. V good condition, fsh, all the usual.

Craig.
Old 22 June 2002, 09:54 PM
nichop
Scooby Regular

Have mentioned it before but just in case....the company I work for have a number of scoobs on their books as company cars and these will all be available at trade price at the end of the 3 yrs. Basically if an employee wants to buy it saves them the hassle of pushing the cars through auction, so sell to employee at trade. Obviously all got fsh. Mines the next up and I am buying it. £10k for MY99 with 45k. Some MY00s to follow around Nov time. So if you can wait that long there will be very good buys available. If anyone seriously interested let me know and I will get some details on their expected mileage and price.
Old 22 June 2002, 09:56 PM
nichop
Scooby Regular

I forgot to add....i'm buying for £10k, adding tracker and mods. Will end up spending approx £12.5k.

Trending Topics

Old 23 June 2002, 12:23 PM
V5-APS
Scooby Regular

Have a look here.....RB5 for £9995 :0

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=107528

And from a Main dealer