papier mache front end

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2002, 01:30 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

just posted this in wanted forum

"due to me being inattentive at roundabout and being poelaxed by a towbar on a mondeo
i know it was my fault but this was a busy roundabout and you have to take your chance when you can.
the *** in the mondeo pulled away i looked right started to slowly move forward and whack he's changedd his mind and is half on and half off the island f£^*£*(%) sh!$!&$& bas£%^*£%^

is the front end made of papier mache because an impact with a towbar at .001 mph has destroyed my front end.

matt "
Old 22 June 2002, 01:59 AM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Bad Luck i did the same thing a week after getting my first car Plenty Secondhand parts available tho'
Old 22 June 2002, 07:17 AM
turbo wrx
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Feel sorry for you mate, I did exactly the same thing a couple of years back in my MY97 turbo. I went into the back of a Focus at the same sort of speed and it cost £2.5k on the insurance to put right, and just a mark on the bumper for the Focus which was £100 to fix! The kind person driving the other car put in for £3k whiplash as well, she must have been more fragile than my Impreza front end. A friend of mine knew her, as we all worked at the same place, and shes an old hand at this (Her 3rd whiplash claim in as many years!) so I reckon she waits at roundabouts for people like us!
Old 22 June 2002, 11:07 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

most of the damage was done by the towbar as the momentum of him being shunted forward pulled of the complete front end his towbar had jammed into the sction underneath the number plate.
He didnt seem bright enough to claim for wiplash and as the only damage to his car was a slightly scratched rubber cover to his tow hitch it could hardly be credible for his claim.
the worst damage was to my pride then the radiator although it is not leaking it is definitely bent inwards.

I did exactly the sane in my old 306 dturbo the only damage was a cracked headlight but the polo in front had to have a new rear hatch.

mind you does make me glad ive got a towbar on mine

[Edited by mattstant - 6/22/2002 11:17:07 AM]

[Edited by mattstant - 6/22/2002 11:19:03 AM]
Old 22 June 2002, 11:12 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I've had near misses like this and also been in a car when somebody has done the same. I now will not look right at all until the car in front has cleared the junction. Hopefully this way I'll avoid hitting somebody.........the problem is that somebody now is probably more likely to go into the back of me.

Tough luck mate, hope you get it sorted soon