ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Good Samaritan Nicked For Speeding

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2001, 01:50 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I thought I would share a story with you that was in last nights local paper.

A taxi driver agreed to take 3 very pi55ed blokes home following a fight outside a Harrogate pub. The police were in attendance and proceeded to follow the taxi. Naturally, the taxi driver was very pleased that the Police were following him to make sure that there was no further trouble and thereby ensuring his safety.

The 3 blokes alighted from the taxi (after paying the fare), and one of the Police officers got out of his car and apporoached the taxi driver. Just as the taxi driver was about to say 'thanks', the Police officer said 'Do you realise what speed you were doing back there?' He then booked the good samaritan for doing 47 mph in a 30 mph zone. This was the taxi drivers first ever motoring conviction. Miffed Oh Yes.

TONY
Old 25 May 2001, 01:56 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

If you were being following knowingly but a Police car would you do 47mph in a 30???

I also think it is a bit off.... but he was a bit stuuuuupid too... IMHO...

I would love to be able to nick some of the Police cars I have seen speeding with no lights on and in no particular rush but doing 40 in a 30 for example...
Old 25 May 2001, 09:55 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

If the police were followed everywhere, I bet 90% of them would be found to have broken the speed limit for no reason, especially when off duty.

One law for them...etc etc
Old 26 May 2001, 07:27 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yeah I have often followed a police car travelling above the speed limit.... and have occasionally thought about flashing my lights repeatedly until they stop and then making a citizens arrest!!!!!

I was at the local kebab ambulance one day and a police car pulled up and parked on a double yellow line and came and joined me in the queue, I couldn't resist mentioning his choice of parking position and we had a bit of a laugh about it. It has to be said though all my local coppers are all good guys and of the nice and reasonable attitude.

Dave
Old 26 May 2001, 08:54 AM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Dave, Dave, Dave

I can see one of your "local" boys, re-holstering his Hand Held now, as you unwittingly cruise past him at 43mph NOT