Sponsored by:

Tgv deletes.

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2023, 09:12 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts
Default Tgv deletes.

I've had a P2005 code intake manifold runner stuck open. Can anyone advise my options ahead eg is it fine to drive, and is a tgv delete the only answer?
As this appears to be a few hours work, what other jobs would be worth doing at the same time? I'm thinking turbo inlet, catch cans/aos, fuel lines....anything else?
Thanks.
Old 02 May 2023, 10:28 AM
Danjo
Scooby Regular

Received 226 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
I've had a P2005 code intake manifold runner stuck open. Can anyone advise my options ahead eg is it fine to drive, and is a tgv delete the only answer?
As this appears to be a few hours work, what other jobs would be worth doing at the same time? I'm thinking turbo inlet, catch cans/aos, fuel lines....anything else?
Thanks.
They can sometimes be freed up with some brake cleaner. You can also remove the flaps themselves as they are held on to the bar inside the TGV with Phillips head screws, but go careful as it’s easy to round them off. If they are stuck open you are fine, if they are stuck shut your car will go into limp mode.
Old 03 May 2023, 09:54 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that. It seems hatches go into limp whatever! I deleted the code, went for a spirited drive, and got a P2021 after about 35 minutes. So it could be the sensor. I'll probably go for a delete.
Has anyone got suggestions for other work whilst the manifold is off?
Cheers.
Old 03 May 2023, 12:56 PM
Danjo
Scooby Regular

Received 226 Likes on 128 Posts

Thanks for that. It seems hatches go into limp whatever! I deleted the code, went for a spirited drive, and got a P2021 after about 35 minutes. So it could be the sensor. I'll probably go for a delete.
Has anyone got suggestions for other work whilst the manifold is off?
Cheers.
That depends on how far into things you want to get really, as you have access to lots of upgradable parts once the manifold is off. I would look into a parallel fuel system, they don’t have to cost the earth and can be done on a reasonable budget, and it’s a great way of removing the risk of cylinder four running lean. Turbo inlet is an obvious one if it’s not been done already. I also went for 10mm phenolic spacers which are a cheap upgrade and can reduce some of the heat transfer into the inlet manifold. Also a good time to fit a decent AOS with the inlet manifold off, much easier to get to the PCV and crank case breather vent.
Old 27 February 2024, 07:55 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Job done by Enginetuner; tgv delete, turbo inlet replaced with Perrin, and RCM catch can.
It turned out that my hatch was running Hawk tgvs and manifold. I'm estimating that the oem tgvs are 20% restricted compared with the deletes. Combined with a 3" sports cat and cold air intake, it has transformed the response and power band, and the economy is also way better, incredibly!
The following 2 users liked this post by hedgecutter:
Old 04 March 2024, 10:04 AM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Job done by Enginetuner; tgv delete, turbo inlet replaced with Perrin, and RCM catch can.
It turned out that my hatch was running Hawk tgvs and manifold. I'm estimating that the oem tgvs are 20% restricted compared with the deletes. Combined with a 3" sports cat and cold air intake, it has transformed the response and power band, and the economy is also way better, incredibly!
Hi , Enginetuner did my TGV delete, but for a different reason, I had a flat spot hesitation that they couldn’t tune out , this apparently can happen if the motors don’t work/ plug contacts damaged or if the position sensor potentiometer develops a worn area, the feedback voltage drops off that confuses the ecu . Anyhow I also saw much better throttle response/ economy.

I forgot to add , the ecu was throwing a code on Bank 1 beforehand.

Last edited by Linksfahrer; 04 March 2024 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04 March 2024, 02:21 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Linksfahrer
Hi , Enginetuner did my TGV delete, but for a different reason, I had a flat spot hesitation that they couldn’t tune out , this apparently can happen if the motors don’t work/ plug contacts damaged or if the position sensor potentiometer develops a worn area, the feedback voltage drops off that confuses the ecu . Anyhow I also saw much better throttle response/ economy.

I forgot to add , the ecu was throwing a code on Bank 1 beforehand.
I thought of you when I crossed the border on the train! Hope all is good

Trending Topics

Old 05 March 2024, 02:18 PM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by NyahHarvey
Can I ask a question?
Ok I will bite ,
it’s what the forum is for
Old 06 March 2024, 07:05 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NyahHarvey
Can I ask a question?
As long as it's relevant, and you're not jumping the thread.