Newbie who wants a WRX STi

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2023, 06:35 PM
PLAST!K
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie who wants a WRX STi

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, made an account the other day for this, my first post!

Really want to be a part of this community, but obviously prices are insane.

What is everyones opinions in terms or price and reliability of saving up money for a car in the title?

Would love a blobeye or something similar but i feel the money that is saved is dealing with the mechanical knowledge i would need to keep it running.

Part of me wants to play the long game and save for a 2017 to attempt to avoid this, am I wrong in thinking this?

Been trying to research as much as I can, so please be gentle if you have correctly assumed that I don’t know quite what i am talking about yet.
Old 01 May 2023, 07:35 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 273 Likes on 236 Posts

I personally think the sti’s are better , but have owned a few wrx before ,and don’t regret having them , reliability wise they are pretty good , the 2.5 engine is a weakness the 2 litre is a stronger engine but they both drive very differently , my choice is the 2.5 engine , servicing is pretty easy for a home mechanic , I have not ever done a cambelt , in my experience other than engine issues with the 2.5 little goes wrong , rust is worth a good look around rear turrets and rear aches is a more common area to go , can be pricy to sort it , there was a spec c for sale for around 15 to 16 k £ , im more of a Forster sti buyer 👍 all turbo Subarus great fun cars go well handle well and respectfully quick , jdm imports already landed are a good option , normally rust free more spec and cheaper tax 👍
The following users liked this post:
Old 02 May 2023, 08:27 AM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 198 Likes on 173 Posts

fresh jdm imports comes with fresh plutonium pollution
no one check above on import
i owed wrx and now jdm sti ,its way better car with jdm 6 speed quick rack and 8k redline
no way i will buy 2006< UK car , would prefer 6 pot quattro or xdrive diesel instead
Old 02 May 2023, 01:59 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Sure they do radioactive tests on cars coming in, unless there snuk in a cargo container. They will be fallout from all over the world.

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
i owed wrx and now jdm sti ,its way better car with jdm 6 speed quick rack and 8k redline
no way i will buy 2006< UK car , would prefer 6 pot quattro or xdrive diesel instead
Old 09 May 2023, 10:04 AM
Skatebeard
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
Radiation checks also show up on CarVX reports, it's a non-issue as long as you do due diligence before importing.

Fresh import JDM WRX STI through a reputable importer is what you want ideally. To give you a rough idea, I'm importing a 67k mile 2006 Hawkeye at the moment and after all the fees etc it's coming out around £18.5k landed through a UK importer... I reckon you might be able to swing a slightly higher mileage fresh import for £16-17k.
Old 09 May 2023, 10:48 AM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

What's your bidget ? I have a JDM 20th anniversary hatch for sale in the classifieds on here but it's probably over your budget