Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2022, 05:25 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Bedding in Brembo HP2000 front pads

Hi All,
2007 STi Hawk.
Brembo discs all round, rear has new discs (approx 1.5k miles) and standard Brembo pads (approx 200 miles).
I've just fitted HP2000 Brembo pads to the front, slight lip on the front discs but nothing major.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable bedding in procedure?

I've done about 20 miles and they already feel pretty good, just normal driving, should I be doing anything different?
I've looked online, and the pads do get talked about ref bedding in, but on things like BMW's and Nissan GTR's etc....

The car is just for the road, no track use.

Last edited by Hawkeye D; 29 October 2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old 30 October 2022, 08:22 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

My version of bedding in is just drive sensibly for 200 plus miles , the pad may not be in contact fully with the disc as you can see by wear marks , when the disc has even wear marks then do a few harder stops , in simple it just takes time to bed in properly 👍
Old 04 November 2022, 07:35 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

I think the pads are pretty much bedded in now, I've also done a handful of 80mph to 30mph slow downs in a controlled progressive way.
Have to say, good pads, very good pads. A nice stealthy upgrade over standard for sure, and more than enough for a fast road application.

Better pedal feel than standard Brembo pads, smoother, quieter, very decent cold bite etc. They very progressively wipe away mph, press harder and they really anchor down nicely.
I don't have a master cylinder stopper, nor braided lines.

The calipers did get sort of toasty during the bedding in period, but nothing serious by any means, just what you'd expect. And now they just feel slightly warm after a run.

Very pleased with them. Thanks Alyn!
DHL are always super quick by the way, no delays. I wanted to give you some feedback on that too

Matt
Old 04 November 2022, 09:31 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

Good to hear they are a decent pad , it makes a lot of difference having a good braking set up 👍
Old 04 November 2022, 02:53 PM
ST-X
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I've been using them in the 335d wagon for a few months now and they're great, definitely better for a performance daily pad than the DS2500 IMO. I'm glad Alyn talked me into them.
Old 04 November 2022, 07:23 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ST-X
I've been using them in the 335d wagon for a few months now and they're great, definitely better for a performance daily pad than the DS2500 IMO. I'm glad Alyn talked me into them.
Hahah! I only rang Alyn for "Pads" and it went from there lol
I asked about a fast road upgrade and he knew what I needed. I'd never even heard of the pads.
He always knows what a customer wants, and doesn't / won't sell rubbish, plus you get your stuff uber fast. Win win.

The following users liked this post:
Old 09 November 2022, 12:09 AM
ST-X
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
Hahah! I only rang Alyn for "Pads" and it went from there lol
I asked about a fast road upgrade and he knew what I needed. I'd never even heard of the pads.
He always knows what a customer wants, and doesn't / won't sell rubbish, plus you get your stuff uber fast. Win win.
Ha, I know the feeling! He's had a ton of money out of me over the last few months but I never grudge it as he's always so easy to deal with. He sold HP2000's to me as similar in performance to the DS2500 but coming at it from an uprated OEM angle rather than a de-tuned race pad, and I think that's a good description. They work really well cold and just get better and better. I've always found performance pads to need a few applications to really work, even to OEM levels, but these are spot on. If I didn't have a brand new set of EBC Blues in the Impreza, and drove it more than 500 miles a year, I would consider fitting them to that too. On the BMW they're brilliant. They do seem to like being driven, and squeal a little if you've babied them too much for too long, but it soon clears up with a few harder stops.