Sponsored by:

Cone filter/induction kit issue

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2022, 10:52 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cone filter/induction kit issue

Need some help and advice please guys. Got a RCM trumpet with a large K&N cone filter on my car been fitted for a couple of years with supporting mods and recently noticed that power was down on my car and the air intake noise was more than normal. First though it may be a boost leak (still may be boost gauge stuck on 2 bar) but noticed upon closing my bonnet the cone filter is being crushed by the bonnet from the top and not sure what it is underneath but it’s a silver metal square box looking thing with metal pipes coming from it (abs/power steering unit) and has well basically crushed the cone filter so I was hoping on some advice on how to get around this as space is tight especially with the FMIC pipe work. Anyone else have this issue if so how do I get around it or do I change the trumpet and get a smaller cone if so any recommendations please.

Last edited by GONZO01; 15 January 2022 at 10:59 PM.
Old 16 January 2022, 10:02 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

When I had a tonne of extra induction noise the front mount intercool pipe came off. I was running mafless so was still able to drive.

K&N do loads of cones mate, in various sizes which can be ordered directly from them. Measure up and then check their spec sheet or whatever its called and order the most suitable size
The following users liked this post: