Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Prodrive GT1 alloys (Gold), do they have a paint code ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2021, 01:27 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Prodrive GT1 alloys (Gold), do they have a paint code ?

With them being quite an old alloy now im not sure if they were painted or powder coated at the factory, has anyone ever bought any gold touch up paint for them, if so do you know of a paint code or a link as to where you got the touch up paint from if it was a good match, i've got a small scratch on one that i want to touch up.

Thanks
Old 11 December 2021, 05:44 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

They where made by Team Dynamics so just contact them as it's their standard gold colour
Old 12 December 2021, 12:26 AM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by haily spencer
do u have pictures for them
That's about the best pic i have of them

Old 12 December 2021, 12:43 AM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gambit
They where made by Team Dynamics so just contact them as it's their standard gold colour
Thanks Gambit, they must be a top secret organisation tho, i can't find any website for them on google lol
Old 12 December 2021, 07:18 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree
Thanks Gambit, they must be a top secret organisation tho, i can't find any website for them on google lol
https://teamdynamicsmotorsports.com/

https://alloywheels.com/alloy-wheels/team-dynamics

The wheels are produced by https://www.rimstock.com/
""Founded in 1985, Rimstock’s West Bromwich, UK base comprises state-of-the-art facilities, taking customers initial design concepts, through to manufacture and distribution.The Group’s leading aftermarket alloy wheel brand Team Dynamics is eminent amongst the global motorsport community, and its support of several internationally prominent motorsport series, revered.""

Last edited by Don Clark; 12 December 2021 at 07:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 12 December 2021, 09:49 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

I doubt you will be able to get a paint code from them as they have been sourced by Prodrive to produce the wheels and paint only for them but I could be wrong.
In the past I've tried t get a paint code from Prodrive, unsuccessfully.
If a paintshop has a spectrophotometer you can find out exactly what the paint is comprised of.
Alternatively, a RAL chart may give you the closest match.
Old 12 December 2021, 01:26 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
https://teamdynamicsmotorsports.com/

https://alloywheels.com/alloy-wheels/team-dynamics

The wheels are produced by https://www.rimstock.com/
""Founded in 1985, Rimstock’s West Bromwich, UK base comprises state-of-the-art facilities, taking customers initial design concepts, through to manufacture and distribution.The Group’s leading aftermarket alloy wheel brand Team Dynamics is eminent amongst the global motorsport community, and its support of several internationally prominent motorsport series, revered.""
I did look at the team dynamics motorsport link from my google searches but it didn't have anything to do with wheels on and looked like a race/tuning website for a different motorsport company, i did see the rimstock website and just presumed that was a website selling alloy wheels rather than it being anything to do with the manufacturer.

I think the best option as fpan/fivos has tried himself in the past is to go down to an automotive paint shop, hopefully when that has a digital paint scanner and try to get some touch up made, its just a small annoying scratch but it would be nice to have the touch up to get rid of the scratch.
Old 12 December 2021, 01:36 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Rob, you could try that: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132265319...3ABFBMiPfc7bVf
Old 12 December 2021, 01:44 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fpan
Thanks mate, ive tried ebay touch ups before and they are very rarely a good match, quite a bit off a lot of the time. I'll try to get to a paint shop and see if they can scan the wheel as its the best chance of getting a good match.
Old 13 December 2021, 01:43 PM
Samu81
Scooby Newbie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks mate, ive tried ebay touch ups before and they are very rarely a good match, quite a bit off a lot of the time. I'll try to get to a paint shop and see if they can scan the wheel as its the best chance of getting a good match.
I'd contact this place, they seem to know what they're talking about:

https://www.wheelpaints.co.uk/CAR-MA...rs-Q-Z/Subaru/

This gold has been long sort after by wheel refurbishers and owners alike.
Much lighter than the 1999 gold and BBS Gold. Due to the opaque nature of the colour it is recommended that it is proceeded by a light primer or basecoat. preferably a white.
Old 13 December 2021, 03:37 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Samu81
I'd contact this place, they seem to know what they're talking about:

https://www.wheelpaints.co.uk/CAR-MA...rs-Q-Z/Subaru/

This gold has been long sort after by wheel refurbishers and owners alike.
Much lighter than the 1999 gold and BBS Gold. Due to the opaque nature of the colour it is recommended that it is proceeded by a light primer or basecoat. preferably a white.
Thanks Samu, i gave them a call, they took my number and said they'll give me a call back. They obviously don't have it off the shelf, just see what they can do now.
Old 22 December 2021, 10:09 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

After quite a bit of detective work i managed to track down a gold paint code for Prodrive GT1 alloys, they were actually wet paintedd and not powder coated. I contacted Rimstock who made the wheels for Prodrive, they were great and it was one particular guy that went out of his way to help out. He emailed me back and he said its a company in Germany that supplied them with the paint called FreiLacke https://www.freilacke.com/

The code is below, you'd have to contact Freilacke to see if they can help as this is their own paint code and not an industry one.

Prodrive GT1 Gold paint code: W01838V0E21A ...... I'm not 100% certain if they are meant to be zeros or the letter O in the code.
The following 7 users liked this post by The Joshua Tree:
86B, fpan, Gambit, Georgehawkins27, Henrik, NOSSY_89, Samu81 and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 23 December 2021, 08:06 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Great detective work Rob!
Old 23 December 2021, 05:24 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

@The Joshua Tree yes good work, if you could just find out the brembos paint code.......
Old 24 December 2021, 04:08 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lockheed
@The Joshua Tree yes good work, if you could just find out the brembos paint code.......
I presume people in the past have already tried contacting Brembo to get some info, won't they be powder coated in heat resistant powder coat rather than being painted ?
Old 24 December 2021, 05:41 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I presume people in the past have already tried contacting Brembo to get some info, won't they be powder coated in heat resistant powder coat rather than being painted ?
Yes to powder coat probably and yes 100s have tried to find a match, i tried honda inca gold and a humbrol enamel both of which are a very poor match.
But hey i run ap 6pots up front and the alcon 4 pots out back now so personaly i dont need a match.

If you could find a proper touch in match for gold brembos you would achieve hero status thats for sure.
Old 24 December 2021, 07:52 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lockheed
Yes to powder coat probably and yes 100s have tried to find a match, i tried honda inca gold and a humbrol enamel both of which are a very poor match.
But hey i run ap 6pots up front and the alcon 4 pots out back now so personaly i dont need a match.

If you could find a proper touch in match for gold brembos you would achieve hero status thats for sure.
With not having gold calipers its not something i'd need to try and find out, can't they just take their cars down to a good paint shop, or take the gold caliper and get the paintshop to scan it, or take them to a powder coaters and get them to match them. Personally i don't even like the gold brembo colour and a red logo doesn't work on gold, i'd be changing the colour anyway if i had gold calipers lol.
Old 24 December 2021, 08:32 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Much nicer
Old 25 December 2021, 02:53 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Much nicer
Yeh, for me the gold calipers don't work especially with a red brembo logo, they don't go together. My favourite colour of calipers to work with a blue car like i have are the Alcon silver, lime green or the yellow like on the new WRX Sti.
Old 24 April 2023, 04:30 PM
Georgehawkins27
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After quite a bit of detective work i managed to track down a gold paint code for Prodrive GT1 alloys, they were actually wet paintedd and not powder coated. I contacted Rimstock who made the wheels for Prodrive, they were great and it was one particular guy that went out of his way to help out. He emailed me back and he said its a company in Germany that supplied them with the paint called FreiLacke https://www.freilacke.com/

The code is below, you'd have to contact Freilacke to see if they can help as this is their own paint code and not an industry one.

Prodrive GT1 Gold paint code: W01838V0E21A ...... I'm not 100% certain if they are meant to be zeros or the letter O in the code.
Did you get the wheels refurbed using this colour code \ help from Freilacke? Garage damaged mine during tyre change and now I need to go through the same process it seems 😢
Old 24 April 2023, 11:29 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Georgehawkins27
Did you get the wheels refurbed using this colour code \ help from Freilacke? Garage damaged mine during tyre change and now I need to go through the same process it seems 😢
I didn't follow it up as 2 of the wheels on the car were not straight, i got all 4 wheels checked out and 2 were perfect but 2 wasn't and im not a fan of having alloys straightened as they heat them up to a high temp and i read that it can weaken the alloy by doing that.

I've got 2 really nice condition Prodrive GT1 alloys here if anyone is interested and needs spares, obviously they are in gold, they are 114.3