ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What happened to Scott and WWW.SCOOBYSPARES.COM

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2021, 12:37 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts
Default What happened to Scott and WWW.SCOOBYSPARES.COM

What happened to WWW.SCOOBYSPARES.COM? Couldn't find a thread about it.

Old 10 November 2021, 08:31 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

We talking Fleetwood here yeah?

​​​​​​Don't know the actual truth but I was told by several people I know in the area that it was claimed Scott had customers and the company over and it went bust but I've also heard Andy (the owner) didn't pay tax and used him as a scape goat.

I've always had a positive experience with Scott and even bought my first scoob from him but I'm also aware that when an ex friend had his 470bhp classic put together by them 10 years ago we were there from 9am till closing everyday because he didn't trust the owner as knew him from a previous life. Its also gone through at least 4 names scoobyspares, scoobytecnics etc..

Scott is apparently a hgv driver now. Would love to know what happened to the hawk he was building in there, it looked stunning even unfinished.
The site is now another garage and they have a lot of the scooby stock still in there, at least they did last year, can't say they are trustworthy or capable scoob mechanics like.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10 November 2021, 09:00 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 380 Likes on 302 Posts

no idea of any of that story but Scott / Neil who actually worked there day to day moved on and the 'silent partner' Andy who I'm led to believe put the bulk of the money in initially eventually shut up shop.........did various engines, etc for Scott / Neil over the years and always found them very trustworthy so find the 'rip-off' rumours a suprise

who knows as another "well respected" business did nothing but rip people off when the truth came out even to the point of taking money off people on the Friday evening at closing time before announcing they had gone bust on the Saturday morning!!!!
Old 10 November 2021, 09:24 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

I always found both Scott and Neil genuine as well and reasonably priced. They fit a short shifter and all the bushes for me for like £90 including providing the shifter, can't complain at all. Never personally saw anything untoward or questionable there at all. My ex friends mistrust was based solely on knowing the owner from being a teenager and wasn't a reflection on either of them.
Old 10 November 2021, 09:47 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Ah ok interesting too know. Nearly bought a forester years ago from them. Just forgot all about them and saw a picture on google search but website didn't work, so thought i'd ask. They use to be on here years ago.

Originally Posted by MrRtm
We talking Fleetwood here yeah?

​​​​​​Don't know the actual truth but I was told by several people I know in the area that it was claimed Scott had customers and the company over and it went bust but I've also heard Andy (the owner) didn't pay tax and used him as a scape goat.

I've always had a positive experience with Scott and even bought my first scoob from him but I'm also aware that when an ex friend had his 470bhp classic put together by them 10 years ago we were there from 9am till closing everyday because he didn't trust the owner as knew him from a previous life. Its also gone through at least 4 names scoobyspares, scoobytecnics etc..

Scott is apparently a hgv driver now. Would love to know what happened to the hawk he was building in there, it looked stunning even unfinished.
The site is now another garage and they have a lot of the scooby stock still in there, at least they did last year, can't say they are trustworthy or capable scoob mechanics like.
Old 15 November 2021, 08:36 AM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

They closed up as the subaru scene back then was very competitive and cars was running low for breaking as a lot of people wasn't repairing them when they had head gasket failure so they was sent of for breaking.

Last I heard from Scott he's on the wagons and enjoying it.

i wouldn't trust the rip off rumours as I travelled from essex to his for some some work in the past and they done me well out of it
Old 16 November 2021, 04:06 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

They were breaking car then so surely plenty about. Matty hasn't had any trouble keeping supply.
Old 18 November 2021, 08:24 PM
sonic93
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scooby spares closed up shop a couple of years ago.
Never heard a bad word about them, Scott’s one of the straightest guys I know.
Old 18 November 2021, 09:36 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Yea i never heard anything bad about them. Just surprized there not around.
Old 18 November 2021, 10:37 PM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygsi
They were breaking car then so surely plenty about. Matty hasn't had any trouble keeping supply.
he has thats why he breaks wrx's
Old 19 November 2021, 02:05 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Normally there heavily modified ones. Most of the time there STI's.

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
he has thats why he breaks wrx's
Old 11 April 2022, 12:00 PM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, i genuinely cannot believe some of the the nonsense i am reading.

I am Andy's (founder) son.

my dad built scoobyteknix up from nothing in around 2006, anyone who truly knows him knows how good his reputation in the subaru game was- not to mention the work for charity he did such as Blackpool big one.

it had one name change in around 2011/12 to scoobyspares as the direction of the business changed to parts and dismantling as opposed to tuning.

My dad employed scott as a saturday lad and eventually a few years later decided to go back offshore and let scott take care of the running side of the business- in hindsight all these years later it was a stupid decision, scott was given everything he ever wanted and had 'too much too young'.. greed has eventually taken over scott and we only know 10% of what he got away with over the years..

he left a laptop unattended and messages started rolling through about how scott had plans to **** my family over and close the business down whilst my dad was at sea leaving all bills unpaid and all customers without parts etc that they had paid for.

after more investigation my dad unearthed a true rabbit hole, scott had run various bills up in the thousands with snap on in my dads name, parts had been sold to customers that didnt even exist within the business- ie 22B bottom ends, various other rare parts.

even now almost 4/5 years later my dad has people knocking on the door wanting what theyd paid scott for and still he is rectifying the **** storm caused by the little rat that scott is, the rat that still doesnt show his face in our hometown.

as for the spec c, i presume you mean the one built entirely out of parts that were going missing from the business?

or the 'scrapper' time attack car built with a 15k modena sequential gearbox? please tell me how a lad with a relatively average paid job afford such things.

you would not believe the money that went missing from that business, and unfortunately my dad still cant live in peace even after shutting shop.
Neil was never involved and him and my dad are still friends, ultimately scott cost him his job.

As for the building and parts, the building is still in my dads name and we still have all the parts, or should i say the mediocre **** that is left after scott had ransacked anything worth value.

My cousin now occupies the building working on all makes and models.

so now we've cleared up a few rumours we would more than appreciate it if anyone who has any questions, gets in touch so we can set the record straight.

Scott, if you're reading this you cant run forever and you will pay for the hassle and never ending drama you've caused.

Last edited by mattyd1997; 13 April 2022 at 05:20 AM.
Old 11 April 2022, 12:02 PM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

please elaborate on who your ex friend is as my dad left his hometown for fleetwood at 13 years of age so if anyone says they know him from teenage years they must be from fleetwood- again a load of old nonsense.
Old 11 April 2022, 12:04 PM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

please see reply below,

the only rip offs that happened was scott ripping my dad off no end and scott ripping customers off. one day he will get everything he deserves and that day will be sweet.
Old 11 April 2022, 04:49 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

So now we know.
There are always two sides to every story
The following users liked this post:
Old 11 April 2022, 09:59 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Wow i've opened a tin or worms here. Why don't you start selling off the old parts. Must be alot of money left in parts.

Originally Posted by mattyd1997
wow, i genuinely cannot believe some of the the nonsense i am reading.

I am Andy's (founder) son.

my dad built scoobyteknix up from nothing in around 2006, anyone who truly knows him knows how good his reputation in the subaru game was- not to mention the work for charity he did such as Blackpool big one.

it had one name change in around 2011/12 to scoobyspares as the direction of the business changed to parts and dismantling as opposed to tuning.

My dad employed scott as a saturday lad and eventually a few years later decided to go back offshore and let scott take care of the running side of the business- in hindsight all these years later it was a stupid decision, scott was given everything he ever wanted and had 'too much too young'.. greed has eventually taken over scott and we only know 10% of what he got away with over the years..

he left a laptop unattended and messages started rolling through about how scott had plans to **** my family over and close the business down whilst my dad was at sea leaving all bills unpaid and all customers without parts etc that they had paid for.

after more investigation my dad unearthed a true rabbit hole, scott had run various bills up in the thousands with snap on in my dads name, parts had been sold to customers that didnt even exist within the business- ie 22B bottom ends, various other rare parts.

even now almost 4/5 years later my dad has people knocking on the door wanting what theyd paid scott for and still he is rectifying the **** storm caused by the little rat that scott is, the rat that still doesnt show his face in our hometown.

as for the spec c, i presume you mean the one built entirely out of parts that were going missing from the business?

or the 'scrapper' time attack car built with a 15k modena sequential gearbox? please tell me how a lad on minimum wage affords such things.

you would not believe the money that went missing from that business, and unfortunately my dad still cant live in peace even after shutting shop.
Neil was never involved and him and my dad are still friends, ultimately scott cost him his job.

As for the building and parts, the building is still in my dads name and we still have all the parts, or should i say the mediocre **** that is left after scott had ransacked anything worth value.

My cousin now occupies the building working on all makes and models.

so now we've cleared up a few rumours we would more than appreciate it if anyone who has any questions, gets in touch so we can set the record straight.

Scott, if you're reading this you cant run forever and you will pay for the hassle and never ending drama you've caused.
Old 12 April 2022, 07:26 AM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

minimum wage You say-You get what You pay for than.
Why Your dad left bussiness for him not for You?doubt "real" scott even exist.

Last edited by JdmSti2006; 12 April 2022 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12 April 2022, 11:35 AM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

I was probably around 12 years old when Scott started to take over slowly? I am now also an engineer offshore building wind turbines so believe it or not there is more to life than than selling subaru parts

I have my RA and for the rest I’m not interested
Old 12 April 2022, 11:37 AM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

Wow i've opened a tin or worms here. Why don't you start selling off the old parts. Must be alot of money left in parts.

yeah the shelves are still relatively full, we are slowly working through getting rid of the lot
Old 12 April 2022, 11:38 AM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

it was a figure of speech, the job was a mediocre job for someone with no qualifications, Scott was trusted to pay his own wages so who knows week in week out what he took
Old 12 April 2022, 11:43 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 279 Likes on 249 Posts

You pay peanuts you get Monkeys !!! I dealt with Scott a few times was always pleasant and helpful and we always got what was ordered. Whoever got the proceeds I don't know.
Old 12 April 2022, 08:48 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Where you selling the stuff?

yeah the shelves are still relatively full, we are slowly working through getting rid of the lot
Old 12 April 2022, 09:24 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Thats what I was thinking 🤔
Old 13 April 2022, 05:18 AM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

people seem to get in touch with what they need, nothing is advertised as of yet, the odd bits on ebay and thats it

Last edited by mattyd1997; 13 April 2022 at 05:19 AM.
Old 13 April 2022, 05:19 AM
mattyd1997
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 1509joe
You pay peanuts you get Monkeys !!! I dealt with Scott a few times was always pleasant and helpful and we always got what was ordered. Whoever got the proceeds I don't know.
it was a figure of speech, of course he wasnt paid minimum wage- he paid his own wages so who knows what he got
Old 13 April 2022, 08:55 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 380 Likes on 302 Posts

confused (easily done).........

either he was employed and you would know what his wages were or he was there on some sort of self employed basis responsible for making his own wages??
if that was the case then if both parties were making money and that was the agreement there is little to complain about??
Old 13 April 2022, 10:35 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

All my Subarus went to Scoobyspares for all kinds of work and for years I’d used no one else but them.

The main reason was Neil, He was the only guy I’d trust to work on my car and he was a top lad too.

Scott was a little maverick on pricing but always seemed helpful and always willing to help, squeezed me in all the time at short notice too.

I always found Andy pleasant and welcoming when ever he was back home and we bumped into each other, he was always good to me and always stopped for a chat his knowledge of these cars and advice were great so don’t listen to the nonsense people are talking.

Gutted its not the same set up Neil was a good mechanic, may pop up to see what there is as I need a few spare odd bits n bobs

Martin
Old 13 April 2022, 12:17 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 279 Likes on 249 Posts

it was a figure of speech, of course he wasnt paid minimum wage- he paid his own wages so who knows what he got
My comment was as others was a figure of speech too but if the business had been properly run and managed correctly maybe he wouldn't of gone astray. I personally think there is some sour grapes here but that's only my opinion.
Old 13 April 2022, 02:37 PM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

I'm not exactly willing to name my ex friend as his option of someone 10-15 years ago isn't really relevant to this situation, admittedly he said when he was younger and didn't actually use the word teenager but still, it hasn't skewed my opinion, I've never had a problem with Andy or the others.

The names I know of are scooby spares, scooby technics and scooby teknics, admittedly the last 2 could be taken as bad marketing or whatever but I've seen it advertised as both, I don't know if it has been called anything else I've just been told it has, not a big issue unless you make it one as businesses can change names for many reasons.

As to the spec C i couldn't really tell you, I wasn't as clued up about scoobys back then I can just tell you it was a white hawkeye that was always sat under where the office was.
I'm not saying he did but it is of course possible to afford that if you are getting decent pay, living with parents etc and have no outgoings whatsoever and just throw every penny into it for a few years, it's possible that's all.

Whatever happened it's a **** situation and a loss, can't say there's a garage round here I'd take mine to which is why I learnt to do it all myself when they closed