Sponsored by:

DCCD

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2021, 11:53 PM
Huzaifa
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default DCCD

Must’ve been asked before, defo asked before. Anyway, since I’ve had the car I’ve kept it in auto for about a year and only now I’ve adjusted it fully so it’s rear biased. BIG difference, car feels so much more agile, nimble and light however VERY unstable, especially with the power lol. What’s yours on?
Old 24 July 2021, 05:38 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Keep it in auto...in the wet your back end will be out before you can say "WTF!"...snap back....then out again.
I only take mine out of auto and scroll it to the green O position for parking on full steering lock / reversing etc.

Auto is your friend, don't find out the hard way!
The following users liked this post:
Old 24 July 2021, 11:25 AM
scoobaholic
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Personally I drive with it open in the dry and only tighten a little or auto when it's slippery. I'd say it's driver preference and also depends how much power you're trying to put down!
Auto will definitely help straighten the car when it steps out, so can't argue it's the safer mode. I find manual more predictable and fun.
Main thing is when it steps out, not to lift of the throttle completely, even auto won't save you then as you're loading up the front wheels and making the rears light and lose traction very easily (weight transfer / lift off oversteer).
If you wanna test the dccd on the limit leave yourself plenty of space, like a skid pan, so can get a feel for it and don't end up scaring yourself.
Had some moments myself, sounds like Hawkeye D, too!
I believe you can park in auto, too as it should be fully open anyway.
The following 2 users liked this post by scoobaholic:
Old 24 July 2021, 11:52 AM
Huzaifa
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, I find it’s much more eager off the line and rolls into the next gear smoother when fully open. Have never had the back stick out on me, more because I don’t go crazy round the bends and I know what it’s capable of. When it’s wet, I’d always keep it on auto and nothing else.

Last edited by Huzaifa; 24 July 2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old 24 July 2021, 01:59 PM
scoobaholic
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Hm in theory, locked or auto should get the best traction off the line. On dry tarmac 'open' could give more initial wheel slip helping not to bog down the engine. It really depends on conditions and the driver, so just gotta find settings that works for you and you're comfortable with.
Old 24 July 2021, 03:39 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobaholic
Personally I drive with it open in the dry and only tighten a little or auto when it's slippery. I'd say it's driver preference and also depends how much power you're trying to put down!
Auto will definitely help straighten the car when it steps out, so can't argue it's the safer mode. I find manual more predictable and fun.
Main thing is when it steps out, not to lift of the throttle completely, even auto won't save you then as you're loading up the front wheels and making the rears light and lose traction very easily (weight transfer / lift off oversteer).
If you wanna test the dccd on the limit leave yourself plenty of space, like a skid pan, so can get a feel for it and don't end up scaring yourself.
Lol I sure have....tried it when I had an STi Blob....never again!
Old 24 July 2021, 03:48 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobaholic
I think this is how I wrote my spec d off, I am by no means a good “fast driver” around corners. My spec d kicked out coming onto a motorway slip road so I let off accelerator then right back on. BAD MOVE. Threw me down an embankment, complete write off etc...wont try again, not interested in going fast around corners
Old 24 July 2021, 03:56 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Similar to my Blob experience, near on **** myself. Never tried it in my Spec D....no thanks!

Auto setting may not be as much "fun" but has to be the safest option on our awful roads.
Old 24 July 2021, 09:28 PM
MarkRF
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Auto or full open when I’m out a drive. Can’t recall ever using any other setting since the test drive.