Sponsored by:

Fresh import Jdm sti bugeye 2002 price? 2020

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2020, 12:00 PM
SarlChiers
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fresh import Jdm sti bugeye 2002 price? 2020

Hi guys hope all are well, I have a few questions about the JDM Bugeye 2002 STI I'm interested in buying!

Firstly, I'm looking at a JDM STI that has 100k miles, all stock except upgraded exhaust and PPP front bumper with full-service history and is priced at £8.5k. Is this expensive or is that pretty steep?

It's a fresh import with a grade of 3.5 mainly due to the high mileage but looks pretty clean from the pics.

Also are there any cons with being the first owner of a fresh import?

Any help and guidance much appreciated
Carl
Old 20 May 2020, 12:49 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Hi mate, Adgespeed has 1 for sale too at around that price

http://www.adgespeed.co.uk/cars.asp

adge of adgespeed is a very honest guy too so it won’t have any hidden gremlins etc.

just thought I’d throw it out there for you 👍
The following users liked this post:
Old 20 May 2020, 12:50 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Another with low miles

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IM...0874%7Ciid%3A1
Old 20 May 2020, 01:14 PM
SarlChiers
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply! so it's around the right price then.

Would you buy a scooby if it had 100k miles with FSH you reckon?

I've heard they're pretty reliable, 150k +, if looked after, is what I've read

cheers!
Old 20 May 2020, 02:00 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Pretty much mate, if you have your heart set on a bug sti then you may pay slightly more as there getting rare. The good thing about the import should be the lack of rust BUT go view the car mate as who knows how it has been treated for them 100k miles in Japan. I believe grade 3.5 is not very good BUT I maybe wrong.
Old 20 May 2020, 05:17 PM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Get a carvx check done on it for £25-£30.

Money very well spent.

You'll need the chassis number
Old 20 May 2020, 07:28 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

iv just sold a clean jdm prodrive bug sti (roof vent addition) for £8000 with 75k miles on just for reference
The following 2 users liked this post by domino46:
Old 21 May 2020, 07:36 AM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46
iv just sold a clean jdm prodrive bug sti (roof vent addition) for £8000 with 75k miles on just for reference
Where did you advertise that just out of interest?

I'm casually on the lookout for a Prodrive Style bug sti in white or blue, but didn't see that on any of my usual haunts, ebay AT and PH.
Old 21 May 2020, 11:04 AM
SarlChiers
Scooby Newbie

i mean its really between a jdm sti or uk sti i just fancy the jdm one because of the stronger engine which should be safe around 400hp whereas the uk probably only 300-350hp. If anyones selling a jdm id be interested in purchasing!
Old 21 May 2020, 12:46 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

at that age there is little difference between the 2x apart from specific turbo used and both will run 400ish..........
Old 21 May 2020, 05:21 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike74
Where did you advertise that just out of interest?

I'm casually on the lookout for a Prodrive Style bug sti in white or blue, but didn't see that on any of my usual haunts, ebay AT and PH.

most of the cars I sell have buyers long before they even get put up for sale so you wouldn't of seen it for sale anywhere
Old 21 May 2020, 05:23 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SarlChiers
i mean its really between a jdm sti or uk sti i just fancy the jdm one because of the stronger engine which should be safe around 400hp whereas the uk probably only 300-350hp. If anyones selling a jdm id be interested in purchasing!

iv ran uk and jdm bugs well above 400bhp ,, closer to 450bhp and ran that for a long time with heavy track use
Old 21 May 2020, 05:29 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

iv ran uk and jdm bugs well above 400bhp ,, closer to 450bhp and ran that for a long time with heavy track use
isn’t the bug sti the “best” engine Subaru made? Better than the blob sti? This may be wrong but I’m sure I might have read somewhere the bug sti engine is the strongest...as said I may be wrong
Old 21 May 2020, 05:39 PM
mike74
Scooby Regular

most of the cars I sell have buyers long before they even get put up for sale so you wouldn't of seen it for sale anywhere
All very mysterious.

I won't bother asking if you're a trader, importer etc, you obviously sound like you don't want to divulge the info
Old 21 May 2020, 06:14 PM
SarlChiers
Scooby Newbie

Great news! in that case a uk sti will do then. Im really keen on taking it to a track too when i get one, out of curiosity what are they like to drift? (if they can be drifted)

And is 400bhp quick in a scooby? ive got a 240bhp petrol turbo a4 b7 and im kinda use to it now not that i break the law

Thanks for your help though guys really appreciate it
Old 21 May 2020, 07:56 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

All very mysterious.

I won't bother asking if you're a trader, importer etc, you obviously sound like you don't want to divulge the info
Domino is well known in the SW Subaru scene, so as soon as he is working on a car it's gone. When someone is respected in any field of work, they only need word of mouth, no need for adverts
Old 21 May 2020, 08:01 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

All very mysterious.

what's mysterious ? iv been messing with only subarus for the last 20 years or so and poeple know me for my scoobs and that I sell nice ones so if they see one of my cars they like they ask about it and a deal can be sorted before it goes ups for sale ,, I work on them myself so normally do stuff for the new owners before the sale so they get it the way they want
what info you looking for as got nothing to hide ??

not a trader just been buying and selling them as a hobby for years so people know me quite well ,, got car all over the world now

Last edited by domino46; 21 May 2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 21 May 2020, 08:02 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Domino is well known in the SW Subaru scene, so as soon as he is working on a car it's gone. When someone is respected in any field of work, they only need word of mouth, no need for adverts

thanks for the kind words mate ,, nice when the hard work is noticed lol

its never been about making money for me ,, id rather make pennies and friends than pounds and enemies lol ,, and iv made loads of friends that have brought cars off me as I still speak to most of them

Last edited by domino46; 21 May 2020 at 08:24 PM.
Old 21 May 2020, 08:28 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SarlChiers
Great news! in that case a uk sti will do then. Im really keen on taking it to a track too when i get one, out of curiosity what are they like to drift? (if they can be drifted)

And is 400bhp quick in a scooby? ive got a 240bhp petrol turbo a4 b7 and im kinda use to it now not that i break the law

Thanks for your help though guys really appreciate it
being a 4wd they dont like to drift much ,, the best option if you like it to be rear happy would be to buy one with a dccd gearbox as they have about 65% to the rear and can be adjusted ,,, the none dccd cars are a lot closer split so tend to understeering rather than get the rear out
Old 22 May 2020, 06:23 AM
mike74
Scooby Regular

what's mysterious ? iv been messing with only subarus for the last 20 years or so and poeple know me for my scoobs and that I sell nice ones so if they see one of my cars they like they ask about it and a deal can be sorted before it goes ups for sale ,, I work on them myself so normally do stuff for the new owners before the sale so they get it the way they want
what info you looking for as got nothing to hide ??

not a trader just been buying and selling them as a hobby for years so people know me quite well ,, got car all over the world now
I wasn't saying you had anything to hide and I agree the best traders or tradesmen don't even need to advertise.

Just wanted to know what your background was when it came to selling Imprezas but you didn't seem to want to divulge beyond saying you don't need to advertise any you do sell.

As I said I'm casually interested in a decent, not rotten Prodrive bug sti for a fair non-**** take price and the £8k 75k mile example you mentioned sounded just that.
Old 22 May 2020, 07:26 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

I wasn't saying you had anything to hide and I agree the best traders or tradesmen don't even need to advertise.

Just wanted to know what your background was when it came to selling Imprezas but you didn't seem to want to divulge beyond saying you don't need to advertise any you do sell.

As I said I'm casually interested in a decent, not rotten Prodrive bug sti for a fair non-**** take price and the £8k 75k mile example you mentioned sounded just that.
im just a enthusiast that has a habit of changing his cars very often ,, 90% of the cars I buy I buy for myself and then if someone wants to buy it off me after a while then I normally sell it on , only once iv done what iv planned to it first ,, as I said I dont do it to make money , if I did I would of starved to death years ago lol ,, for me its all about the love of the cars and making sure whoever has the car next gets exactly what they are after ,,, iv now got car iv built in Germany , mainland Spain , Mallorca and iv even shipped the rally car I built out to Australia ,, iv done loads of YouTube stuff in my subarus and have even had people like tiff needell tell me that I build a awesome subaru so I must be doing something right lol

my current cars are
2005 widetrack sti in black (110k miles)
2004 wr1 (95k miles)
1998 type R in white (125k miles)

none of these are really for sale for a while but iv already had people asking about them lol

Last edited by domino46; 22 May 2020 at 07:36 AM.
Old 22 May 2020, 03:57 PM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Fair play to you, you've got the right attitude, buying, driving and working on the cars because you enjoy them and then selling them on for fair prices.

It's a pity there's not more like you on the scene as opposed to the price gouging dealers and deluded private sellers with their insane asking prices and the buyers occasionally prepared to pay these stupid prices purely to treat the cars as investments and garage queens.

What's your youtube channel called?

Old 22 May 2020, 04:43 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Fair play to you, you've got the right attitude, buying, driving and working on the cars because you enjoy them and then selling them on for fair prices.

It's a pity there's not more like you on the scene as opposed to the price gouging dealers and deluded private sellers with their insane asking prices and the buyers occasionally prepared to pay these stupid prices purely to treat the cars as investments and garage queens.

What's your youtube channel called?
iv made so many friends in the subaru world that I treat anyone who buys one of my cars as a future friend and on most occasions iv stayed friends with them long after selling them the cars ,,, im currently waiting to be flown out to Mallorca to work on a car I sold last year ,, he was so happy with what I did for him that he only wants me working on it lol ,, one of the many treats for years of good karma lol

I have my own YouTube channel but that more for my personal stuff ,,, most of the filming iv done has been with the lovecars series (lovecars) and with a friend of mine who is spoolmeup712 , they are both worth a watch for the videos they do as its some good car related stuff ,, most of it was done in my hatchback (sold now) but some is of the other cars iv built

here are some fo the links to the videos hopefully they work lol ,, do all my own work so anything you see has been done by myself

black hatchback (not the cosworth one).

only in the end of this one

this is a ride along review of my hatch

home built rally car (now in Australia )

subaru powered camper van (turbo)

the trailer I built that I towed to many shows

Last edited by domino46; 22 May 2020 at 04:45 PM.