Sponsored by:

New Age Rear Arches

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2020, 04:19 PM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New Age Rear Arches

Is it still the case that there are no replacement rear arches available for New Age Imprezas?

Seems a bit odd that nobody has come in to fill the gap in the market given that most Bugs, plenty of Blobs and even quite a few Hawks are now suffering with the usual arch rot.
Old 14 May 2020, 05:54 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by mike74
Is it still the case that there are no replacement rear arches available for New Age Imprezas?

Seems a bit odd that nobody has come in to fill the gap in the market given that most Bugs, plenty of Blobs and even quite a few Hawks are now suffering with the usual arch rot.
surely there are replacements available
Old 14 May 2020, 06:03 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

loads on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-GD-2000-2007-REAR-WHEEL-ARCH-REPAIR-PANEL-SET-OF-2-PAIR/272700165708?fits=Model%3AImpreza&epid=2208064830& hash=item3f7e324e4c:g2gAAOSwd9hdnltk
Old 14 May 2020, 06:08 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

I have no rot on mine but both sides are showing very tiny spots of rust on the lip (guessing that the paintwork has been damaged by stones etc?) Would I get away with just having the lip sanded back then prepped and painted you reckon?
Old 14 May 2020, 06:21 PM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Ah so they are now available, my brief search was only throwing up classic rear arch replacements and as recently as 2017 the question was asked on here and the answer was no they're not available for New Age Imprezas.
Old 14 May 2020, 06:46 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta
I have no rot on mine but both sides are showing very tiny spots of rust on the lip (guessing that the paintwork has been damaged by stones etc?) Would I get away with just having the lip sanded back then prepped and painted you reckon?
Same on my Hawk.
All I'm going to do is mask off the widetrack skirt / cover the wheel plus whatever else etc, rub it down, rattle can prime it 2 coats and Hammerite stone chip it with 2 coats. Such good stuff that is. It's cheap and very user friendly.
The lip is pretty narrow and I am hoping it won't show as such, and being a matt black finish it will hopefully be hard to see anyway.

I will also get to the inner / underside of that lip and clean it and see where I stand, they do collect quite a bit of dirt / grime and hold it there....I will use a small mirror to check them out and prime / stone chip in there too.
Old 14 May 2020, 07:33 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
Same on my Hawk.
All I'm going to do is mask off the widetrack skirt / cover the wheel plus whatever else etc, rub it down, rattle can prime it 2 coats and Hammerite stone chip it with 2 coats. Such good stuff that is. It's cheap and very user friendly.
The lip is pretty narrow and I am hoping it won't show as such, and being a matt black finish it will hopefully be hard to see anyway.

I will also get to the inner / underside of that lip and clean it and see where I stand, they do collect quite a bit of dirt / grime and hold it there....I will use a small mirror to check them out and prime / stone chip in there too.
mine is going into a body shop to have the front bumper re-sprayed because I hit a badger so I will get them to take wheels off and do whatever they need to do to the arches,probably have the wide-track pieces removed to see if anything else is hiding under there and maybe the side skirts aswell.
The following users liked this post:
Old 14 May 2020, 09:57 PM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

Any experience of the quality of these? Was just going to fabricate a new lip on my Bugeye arch but at that price it’s silly not to do it properly if the quality is good.
Old 14 May 2020, 11:01 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyRoad
Any experience of the quality of these? Was just going to fabricate a new lip on my Bugeye arch but at that price it’s silly not to do it properly if the quality is good.
Trouble is alot of the arches on eBay are wafer thin c**p.
You need something of OEM thickness and quality and some on eBay are up to the job. It just a question of hopefully someone surfacing on this thread that has bought some of an eBayer, they have been good quality and they can point you in their direction.

Last edited by Steve Whitehorn; 14 May 2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 15 May 2020, 06:28 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Whitehorn
Trouble is alot of the arches on eBay are wafer thin c**p.
You need something of OEM thickness and quality and some on eBay are up to the job. It just a question of hopefully someone surfacing on this thread that has bought some of an eBayer, they have been good quality and they can point you in their direction.
subaru metal is also wafer thin lol ,, iv used the classic ones off eBay and they were fine to be honest but iv not used a newage set yet
Old 15 May 2020, 08:45 AM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

I’ve taken a chance and ordered a pair. I’ll update the thread when they arrive if I remember what the quality is like.
Old 16 May 2020, 06:35 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

just had a quick look and it looks like i have some small blots of rust on the front arches where the mud-flaps are fitted. anybody got a good source for replacement front arches?
Old 16 May 2020, 09:36 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

just had a quick look and it looks like i have some small blots of rust on the front arches where the mud-flaps are fitted. anybody got a good source for replacement front arches?
​​​​​​
i have just messaged my mate Ray, who does quality classic arches sills to see if he does new age ones... I am not sure but I will let you know what he says cheers.Steve

Last edited by Steve Whitehorn; 16 May 2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 16 May 2020, 09:39 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

​​​​​​
i have just messaged my mate Ray, who does quality classic arches sills to see if he does new age ones... I am not sure but I will let you know what he says cheers.Steve
thanks buddy
Old 16 May 2020, 10:38 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

thanks buddy
Hi. Just got an answer back. He only has rear arches, so that's a shame as his replacement pannels are top draw. It was worth asking I guess.

Cheers

Last edited by Steve Whitehorn; 16 May 2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 16 May 2020, 10:47 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Hi. Just got an answer back. He only has rear arches, so that's a shame as his replacement pannels are top draw. It was worth asking I guess.

Cheers
ah nevermind mate thanks anyway
Old 18 May 2020, 02:13 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

so just got back from the bodyshop, quote of £700 for all 4 arches to be flatted back/treated and re-painted (only the inner lip mind), front bumper repair/repaint so booked in for the next month
Old 22 May 2020, 12:24 PM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RockyRoad
So I bought a pair of these for my Wagon (obviously the Wagon variety) and the quality actually seems pretty decent. Thick enough metal and look to be about the right shape just holding them up to the existing wings. Sadly the packaging was atrocious and they’ve taken a few dings on their way over from Poland. I’ve contacted the seller but no response yet.