Sponsored by:

ADVICE BLOBEYE IMPORT

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2019, 12:47 PM
barry397
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADVICE BLOBEYE IMPORT

i have bought a jdm import blobeye 54 reg basicly it had a td04 i have since changed to a vf41 and will be adding a front mount intercooler also added a mushroom hks air filter thats all changes so far
the car has a water temp oil pressure and boost gauge all connected to a playback console in glovebox defi is make but back to my question is the car limited in any way and is the ecu self learning with these mods im looking to get to mid to high 300 bhp also decated with 3" straight through love the car but just looking to be pointed in right direction any good advice welcome
if theres anything you need to no please ask car has done 40k in miles car is mint but needs the high level rear spoiler thanks for advice
Old 28 December 2019, 12:56 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by barry397
i have bought a jdm import blobeye 54 reg basicly it had a td04 i have since changed to a vf41 and will be adding a front mount intercooler also added a mushroom hks air filter thats all changes so far
the car has a water temp oil pressure and boost gauge all connected to a playback console in glovebox defi is make but back to my question is the car limited in any way and is the ecu self learning with these mods im looking to get to mid to high 300 bhp also decated with 3" straight through love the car but just looking to be pointed in right direction any good advice welcome
if theres anything you need to no please ask car has done 40k in miles car is mint but needs the high level rear spoiler thanks for advice
is it a wrx or sti?

if its a wrx then stick under 350bhp as the gearbox/engine are in the hands of god after that.
the best thing you can do with that hks mushroom filter is to take it off and burn it,stick with a decent panel filter or one of the tried and tested induction kits like the rcm one.

never heard of a vf41 so cant comment on that.
no the ecu is not self learning, any mods you do will need to be mapped in to suit so better off to collect all your bits and then fit them all at once and go for a remap with a reputable company like scooby clinic/thwaites/engine tuner etc

dont forget fuelling like pump/injectors and a free flowing exhaust with either a sports cat or de-cat up-pipe and downpipe
Old 28 December 2019, 01:34 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

the vf41 is fitted to the forester sti , personally i would not do a front mount the intercooler , tuned power will max around 330 to 340 bhp , a great little turbo as very little lag , the jdm cars are limited to 112 mph , an ebay chip for 50£ will in effect raise the limit to a speed you won’t obtain , all the mods will need a remap , add things and don’t map it will go wrong , the limiting factor is the gearbox , just sports cat do the fuel pump and turbo you will get around 330 with very little lag which makes it quick , i’m assuming it’s a 2.5 not a 2 litre engine
Old 28 December 2019, 04:48 PM
barry397
Scooby Regular

Sorry yes it's 2 litre Wrx
i thought the hks filter and piping was a good mod ? May re install panel filter also are these common to whine in second gear ? And I'm trying to think of the name of the part I am thinking of deleting think there called rgv valves
basically I want to get to mid 300 bhp give or take without causing any issues and been quoted £450 for flash map sounds expensive
absoloutley love the car only niggle is second gear whine annoying
Old 28 December 2019, 06:11 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

gear boxes can be noisy when you lift off , check for heat shields being loose , or a ripped gearbox shift gator , depends on how loud and just second gear ? just get a proper map done , richard at fb tuning is good , the panel filters work well no need to change it at 300 bhp
Old 30 December 2019, 05:58 AM
barry397
Scooby Regular

Sorry yes it's 2 litre Wrx
i thought the hks filter and piping was a good mod ? May re install panel filter also are these common to whine in second gear ? And I'm trying to think of the name of the part I am thinking of deleting think there called tgv valves
basically I want to get to mid 300 bhp give or take without causing any issues and been quoted £450 for flash map sounds expensive
absoloutley love the car only niggle is second gear whine annoying