ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Fuel filter location

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2019, 07:15 PM
Ocalw
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel filter location

Wondering if anyone can help I’m trying to locate my fuel filter on my 2.0 awd Impreza rx sports wagon? Checked everywhere that I have been told but I haven’t found it in the engine bay at all. Am I right in thinking it maybe in the fuel tank?
Any advice would be great
Old 05 April 2019, 08:09 PM
m40ttc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah I’d say it’s in the fuel tank then. Not sure on the age of your vehicle but this is a fuel tank filter

https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/par...y=&searchPart=
Old 05 April 2019, 08:16 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

For a start, in none of your posts do you mention the body type (classic, newage, bugeye, blobeye or hawkeye) or the year of registration or actual Model Year - very useful in getting information.

If it's a Hawkeye, then yes it's in the tank just after (above) the pump.

Old 05 April 2019, 08:19 PM
Ocalw
Scooby Newbie

It was registered April 07’, but thank you for the link. I’m going to have to pull it and check to make sure that’s the right one before I order it as I’d hate it to be the wrong one.

my bad I thought I had put the year in. I’m trying to get the hang of posting in a forum I believe it is the Hawkeye though, again thank you for the direction on what I should be putting to get the help I need.

Last edited by Ocalw; 05 April 2019 at 08:23 PM. Reason: More information
Old 05 April 2019, 08:32 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

In tank filter

Hawkeye front end

Last edited by Don Clark; 05 April 2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05 April 2019, 08:36 PM
Ocalw
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Don I’ll get one ordered this weekend, as my car struggling under load and this is the last thing I need to replace. Everyone who has seen me pull away have said it’s lagging and it’s more than likely the filter so time to sort it.
Old 06 April 2019, 05:23 PM
m40ttc
Scooby Regular

When you say it’s the last thing to change what have you change before hand? How many miles has it done? I changed mine as 100k which hadn’t been done before and the filter was black when I took it apart.
Old 06 April 2019, 05:49 PM
Ocalw
Scooby Newbie

Maf sensor been changed, spark a plugs done and throttle sensor checked with a multimeter and is running fine. It’s done 92k but I don’t know if it has ever been changed, so thought best rule this out too now.
Old 06 April 2019, 06:04 PM
m40ttc
Scooby Regular

That can be a very expensive game just throwing parts at it and hoping one fixes it. There’s a list of other parts it could be as well. Has it brought a eml light on. Or have you connected it to any diagnostic equipment?
Old 06 April 2019, 06:36 PM
Ocalw
Scooby Newbie

There is no eml coming on and when plugging in my little obd reader there is no codes coming up.
So read a few things and watched a few videos everyone always goes for what I have listed first as air fuel and spark, I know could be stupid just trying to find the problem like that but at least these are the bits I can do myself before having to pay someone to do it. Plus then at least I then have peace of mind there done anyway.
However I was in front of a friend the other afternoon and when I tried to pull away from him there was the delay in acceleration which is when he said looks like the fuel doesn’t seem to be getting to the engine hence the lagging especially if everything else has been checked and done (the small bits), so here I am now still got the lagging which is intermittent but more so when when going uphill can you notice it more.