Sponsored by:

Im going to blow this car up

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2019, 07:24 PM
shaunys_gb270
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im going to blow this car up

Fitted fuel pressure regulator than my friend gave me it was brang new in the box. The gauge is just bouncing about like a mad one between 3 and 2 bar. Surely it cant be normal. Does can any ome shed some light on this for me please.
Old 21 January 2019, 10:36 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Furl pump known to be good ??

any leaks. Especially under rear seats wet it comes inside the car

have you adjusted the pressure correctly

make of fpr isit?
Old 22 January 2019, 09:36 AM
tjmatt
Scooby Regular

Is the fuel flowing correct way through the regulator? Or is it bolt on to rail and can't get it wrong?

Is it jumping around when driving or at idle? It should jump around when driving as its matching the fuel pressure to the pressure in the manifold. But it shouldn't jump around at idle or any fixed load.
Old 22 January 2019, 09:44 AM
shaunys_gb270
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply guys. Ive fitted it to the return line next to the fuel filter if ive fitted the piped the wrong way round would it run ? Because it does run. Ive replaced fuel pump with a new one. I started the car up with the gauge all the way up to 8 bar then it settles down but flickers like mad and the regulator makes a noise like thud thud thud thud and shakes abit it just seems really odd. My friend gave me the regulator it might be a crap one or something it was brand new in the box. Thanks for the help
Old 22 January 2019, 09:53 AM
tjmatt
Scooby Regular

Many regulators will only work correctly with fuel flowing in one direction. Otherwise you get weird effect of pressure closing it and pressure spikes. Sounds like you probably knew that though and asking whether it's in the correct location and yes that is the return next to the fuel filter as far as I know.
Old 23 January 2019, 12:29 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im guessing you have fitted the in and out the wrong way round , i did this lol and the car still ran but the gauge wouldnt read properly, you can easily tell if its plumbed in wrong, if you adjust it and dont get any change in pressure on the dial its wrong, the slightest tweak of the adjuster screw shoukd raise/lower pressure instantly
Old 23 January 2019, 05:58 PM
shaunys_gb270
Scooby Regular

Hi all id thought id up date. The pipes were fitted correctly it was the fpr that was at fault. My friend gave it me. I looked and looked and looked online and i though sod it im just going to buy a decent one so i bought a fuel lab mini with gauge and the fitting kit for £180. Fitted it today and it was running sweet , adjust the pressure to 3 bar without the vac fitted and it deopped to around 2.6 when i fitted the pipe back on. The needle was steady and not bouncing all over so i think i just had a crap FPR to start with. Just need a remap now and it should go alright. Thanks for the help guys