Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2018, 08:18 PM
mooreyy92
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

Hi thought I'd introduce my self. Not sure if its what you do on here but every other forum I've been part of their do so thought i give it a go.

Im Shaun, 26 from Edinburgh. After the year i will be on the look out for a blob eye impreza wrx sti. Previously owned a tuned mk2 focus ST, then a tuned mk2 focus RS both for 2.5 years. Last year traded the RS in for a e92 m3 with DCT. Unfortunately i made the biggest mistake of my life and sold it for a boring diesel few months back. The good mpg wears off pretty quick and the itch to get back in a quick motor is unreal. Which brings me to the impreza. My uncle had one way back in 2010, sure it was 03 sti, and gave me a shot only few days after passing my test and since I've always said i would own one. Almost traded the ST in for a 56 hawkeye few years back but the hawkeye, as quick as it was, didn't give me the drama and thrill, lacked the kick in the back i got from the blobeye so backed out the deal. Constantly on auto trader having a look but just teasing myself as i know it would be till after the year. Just cant wait to get in one tho.

Cheers
Old 15 December 2018, 10:21 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Welcome --

Diesel bad, Petrol good
Old 16 December 2018, 10:52 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome along
Old 18 December 2018, 09:17 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

How did you find the ST focus thinking of one for daily driver?

Bugeye and blobeye and hawkeye models all share the same chassis, hawkeye has 2.5 engine. 2002-2005 models came with 2.0. Cheaper tax and better engine.

Also there's a number of different STI models, so they will feel different. STI, STI widetrack, STI with PPP and JDM STI with twin scroll turbo.

Any idea of what you drove?
Old 18 December 2018, 11:03 AM
mooreyy92
Scooby Newbie

The ST is a great all rounder. Mine was the ST-3 which has the heated leather seats, really miss them at this time of year. In standard tune they feel pretty sluggish IMO but a simple remap from any of the well know ST tuners and its unreal the difference. Mines was tuned by dreamscience. Had it on
​​​​​eibachs springs which are just perfect for it. I then put BC racing coilovers on it which over time i started to hate. But yeah good cars and great fun, downside clutch is weak and fuel tank is too small.

Ive no idea about which one i drove, would need to speak with my uncle and find out the full details of it.
Old 19 January 2019, 12:53 PM
mooreyy92
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by jaygsi
How did you find the ST focus thinking of one for daily driver?

Bugeye and blobeye and hawkeye models all share the same chassis, hawkeye has 2.5 engine. 2002-2005 models came with 2.0. Cheaper tax and better engine.

Also there's a number of different STI models, so they will feel different. STI, STI widetrack, STI with PPP and JDM STI with twin scroll turbo.

Any idea of what you drove?
Soryy i thought i had replied to this. ST are great cars for daily driving. They have small fuel tanks which isn't great for a car that will do mid 20s.

Anyway a change of decision from a blobeye and i pick up my 64 wrx sti tomorrow.