ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Scoobynet ignorant admins sites turned ****e

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2016, 10:50 AM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Scoobynet ignorant admins sites turned ****e

Just been asked to renew my membership after 4 weeks on waiting a reply as i made a double payment funny how when fees are due scoobynet contacts you, ive ask them for money back and nothing, so **** wits my time is done with your robbing ways and moving to better site ones that don't rob ya and only contact you when fees are due. You had double payment out of me last month take this months fees from that
And trying to reply to this **** but he dose not exsist according to scooby net.

Last edited by SLAB; 27 February 2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 27 February 2016, 10:56 AM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Cancel Subscription

To confirm cancellation of this subscription, click Cancel Subscription below.

Questions about this subscription? Contact us. CLICKED
Old 27 February 2016, 11:02 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 27 February 2016, 12:08 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Waste of time paying anymore on here!
I paid subs and still got bombarded with fkin ads! *****!!
Soon got a refund when I made a case with PayPal,even though that useless IB Jose reckoned he was in the right
Old 27 February 2016, 02:03 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I was a plus member on here for years. Cancelled my subscription a couple of months back and won't be re-joining. The site is utter Sh1te now, the only reason I still come on here is for the 'for sale' section but even that is dog **** now.
Old 27 February 2016, 02:11 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Echo all of the above, Sites gone to the dogs nowadays, New members thinking they know better than the long standing members who have been here before they were wearing nappies. For sale section used to be pretty good but its folk just trying to rob folk now.
Old 27 February 2016, 08:09 PM
swrx2810
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isnt it time someone made a better and new club?
Old 27 February 2016, 08:35 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

Forums on fb are better than s/n gone **** now
Old 27 February 2016, 08:37 PM
swrx2810
Scooby Regular

I always wanted to make a car club / forum . Meets etc.
Old 27 February 2016, 08:40 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are still some helpful, knowledgeable folk here. Unfortunately the rise of facebook and the new chocolate engines has seen a decline in the site over the years. You know it is slow when not even PS Lewis bothers to troll the site anymore.
Old 27 February 2016, 09:31 PM
sy.
Scooby Regular

Agree sn not what it used to be but some of the fb groups are equally **** and some right idiots on there too oh and people still getting robbed too.
Old 27 February 2016, 11:08 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Most new owners rush into mods and don't know much about these cars, you sound like an old fart trying to educate them but they don't listen then when your proved right I do smile to myself sometimes lol
Old 27 February 2016, 11:22 PM
The Bongos
Scooby Newbie

Its very sad that its come to this. I have only been here a short while but have always known of SN, I was seriously considering subscribing but thinking twice now. Facebook has killed many forums, but I don't get the same feeling as I do with a forum type of club

I know its a bit naughty asking publicly where folk are heading to, so if anybody knows of a good club with friendly, helpful members please send me a PM!
Old 27 February 2016, 11:31 PM
camcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Bongos
Its very sad that its come to this. I have only been here a short while but have always known of SN, I was seriously considering subscribing but thinking twice now. Facebook has killed many forums, but I don't get the same feeling as I do with a forum type of club

I know its a bit naughty asking publicly where folk are heading to, so if anybody knows of a good club with friendly, helpful members please send me a PM!
And me please
Old 28 February 2016, 02:36 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of the old guard are on this page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/579172192131490/
Old 28 February 2016, 10:12 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ScoobyNet was doomed from the moment Subaru started building cars that nobody wanted. Even the BRZ, quite a nice car, is outsold 10 -1 by the Toyota GT86, an identical car apart from the badge. A bad rep sticks.
There is only so much that can be said about the Classic and Newage cars before boring repetition sets in. Now just about any question that is asked gets shot down in flames by the old stagers because it's been asked so many times before. And ScoobyNet dwindles a bit more every time another Impreza rots away or bites the dust in a breaker's yard. Sad but true
Old 28 February 2016, 10:23 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

It all went downhill when Slab stopped posting his jokes, I reckon.
Old 28 February 2016, 11:05 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Paben
ScoobyNet was doomed from the moment Subaru started building cars that nobody wanted. Even the BRZ, quite a nice car, is outsold 10 -1 by the Toyota GT86, an identical car apart from the badge. A bad rep sticks.
There is only so much that can be said about the Classic and Newage cars before boring repetition sets in. Now just about any question that is asked gets shot down in flames by the old stagers because it's been asked so many times before. And ScoobyNet dwindles a bit more every time another Impreza rots away or bites the dust in a breaker's yard. Sad but true
Not true, its all Jamo`s fault for stopping Babe of the week.
Old 28 February 2016, 12:28 PM
hardcoreimpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 28 February 2016, 04:07 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bongos

SOC.com is friendly, Type RA.com is knowledgeable.
Old 28 February 2016, 04:55 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

+1 for type-ra.com.
Run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
I gladly pay to support that forum,very knowlagable,friendly and a good place to be
As said,there are still some very knowlagable and helpful members on this forum but now is run by IB for profit! Back in the day it was never like this and that shows.
Old 28 February 2016, 05:26 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Iirc the GT86 outsold the BRZ because the contract between Subaru and Toyota limited the number Subaru could sell.
Old 28 February 2016, 05:40 PM
swrx2810
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
SOC.com is friendly, Type RA.com is knowledgeable.
Nothing comes up when I type in soc.com. ..
Old 28 February 2016, 05:47 PM
Wr1 rich
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by swrx2810
Nothing comes up when I type in soc.com. ..
That's because it's sioc, Subaru Impreza owners club
Old 28 February 2016, 05:53 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default POV from a noob

I've only been on here for a few months, and only had my wagon for 6 months. I've found this place to be a hugely useful mine of information, but most of the really useful posts are getting a bit old now, which probably reflects the age of most of the cars we've got. As had been said, once the best settings/mods have been worked out it hard not to repeat them. For example, i copied my geo settings from a post from 2012. I'm also sure I've been guilty of resurrecting a few threads recently.
But I have enjoyed the contact I've had with people on here. There seem to be more genuine car enthusiasts on this site. I came from various fast ford forums where people had huge chips on their shoulders about their cars which I haven't seen here (apart from the sti vs wrx arguments).
Yes there are a few nutters, keyboard warriors and general know it all *******s. But it's the internet. That's what happens when you let the public in.
So, in summary, there are worst forums. But even if the info on here is getting old it's still useful. And think how much worse it'll be if all the older and wiser heads left.

Last edited by Cambs_Stuart; 28 February 2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 28 February 2016, 06:27 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
Iirc the GT86 outsold the BRZ because the contract between Subaru and Toyota limited the number Subaru could sell.

Toyota owns a bit of Subaru but I've not seen any reference anywhere to BRZ sales being limited by Toyota. Why would they do that? And I think that the sales in the US are more balanced than here in the UK but still favour Toyota.
The BRZ would be a far more interesting car if Subaru stuck a 2ltr turbo engine in it. Pushing power up from 197bhp to 300 or so would transform it. Might even fancy one myself!
Old 28 February 2016, 06:33 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Toyota owns a bit of Subaru but I've not seen any reference anywhere to BRZ sales being limited by Toyota. Why would they do that? And I think that the sales in the US are more balanced than here in the UK but still favour Toyota.
The BRZ would be a far more interesting car if Subaru stuck a 2ltr turbo engine in it. Pushing power up from 197bhp to 300 or so would transform it. Might even fancy one myself!
Why would Toyota let a competitor sell more than them? Iirc it is 10 Toyota to 1 subaru or something similar!
Old 28 February 2016, 06:34 PM
scoobyman2007
Scooby Regular

Scooby net will comeback we just can't lose no more good members and it needs the mods to steep up a lot more like the old days as I will not be paying for membership till they do but I will not lev Scooby net
Old 28 February 2016, 06:35 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I agree Stuart.
This place is a proper world of info,almost stretches back to the beginning of Impreza(I think 98/99?) And of corse caters for all things Subaru and more. Old and new threads,old and new members have helped me out BIG time
But issues like this thread,IB taking two payments,me paying subs and still getting the annoying adverts. There are plenty more issues that take for ever or never get sorted by the money orientated IB who own this site now.
That being said,I still do enjoy calling into the forum
Just not paying to support it as I'm sure all the ads more than cover running costs.

Last edited by ossett2k2; 28 February 2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 28 February 2016, 06:49 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

From an older members perspective

I have been on here since 2001 and owned and tuned imprezas over the past 16years.
And I have made most of the mistakes there are to make with these cars years way back and have seen it all come and go.

I no longer pay subscription. Which I guess says a lot really.
I use the site now purely to communicate with Matty the breaker as he is a close friend. I reply to the odd technical thread once in a blue moon and that is about it. So some of us are still about but primarily do not participate in a big way any more.
We shall see what the future holds
Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve Whitehorn; 28 February 2016 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Scoobynet ignorant admins sites turned ****e