Sponsored by:

Rally style wagon

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2018, 07:30 AM
Kernowbey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally style wagon

Right I know this will not be to everyone's taste but I really like a wrc style wrx with all the graphics and wing, roof scoop etc. I was open to the ideas of a swap of my wagon for a saloon but having spent a fair bit of money on mine and knowing how good it runs I am reluctant to change. Sti upgrades and td04 stage 2 hybrid running 321 bhp. Also having two kids and a dog a wagon is useful. It's a wrb 02c blob eye.

so I am seriously thinking of turning my wagon into a rally rep.

To start with wheels, these for daily driving

And maybe something like these for shows
15's
Then onto graphics, standard newage day glow rally graphics.
or a little different these from the 2008 wrx wrc hatch.

Then either a small or big roof scoop, now I have an SL model so effectively the scoop will partly sit on the glass. With the SR open the scoop will direct air into the cabin so will actually work as it should.
Add the wrc camera pod aswell.

now this wing on the back to give it a hatch style rally look. The wagon rear window is sloped like the hatch so should work. And give it a squared off look at the back.

It's a 206 rally car but should work. Maybe add some perrin style wing stiffiners inbetween, to give it a more wrx style look. Now I could get a proper hatch style wrc wing but these are mighty expensive.

Thoughts? Like I said it will not be to everyone's taste but it could look pretty good and possibly a bit more original. As I go change interior to give it a more rally theme inside or possible just drivers side and dash as the wife likes the heated seats and the kids need a rear seat.

Last edited by Kernowbey; 25 August 2018 at 07:32 AM.
Old 25 August 2018, 09:19 AM
Jonny Park
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your lucky Tubby Tommy isn’t around anymore.End of the day it’s your car & you do what the hell you like with it & bollards to anyone else but I don’t think you’ll get a lot of support from the folks on here.
Old 25 August 2018, 10:50 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

as said its your car bud and what you like at the end of the day, but Dr. frankenstein threw together a mis mash of parts and created an unholy monster. a cautionary tale indeed.
Old 26 August 2018, 01:57 PM
Kernowbey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha I was about to put dr.frankenstein in the search bar to look at the members car, then realised you were referring to the actual dr.frankenstein. It's only really the spoiler and possibly the graphics if I did go down the 2008 wrc theme.

If we all had the same car, it would be pretty boring. Nothing I am doing cannot be easily reversed even if it looks terrible.