Impreza Price Trends

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2018, 04:51 PM
ScooBloke
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza Price Trends

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice from those who have been on the Impreza 'scene' for a while.

I currently have a MY05 PPP Impreza Wagon, and I'm wondering what the price trends for this car are likely to be. I love the car, but will be looking to upgrade to something else at some point in the next couple of years, be it an Impreza or something completely different.

My question is, will holding onto this car for a couple of years mean that prices will hit rock bottom and I'll have to sell at these prices (i.e. I'm better off either selling now or holding the car even longer). What would you guys value this car at currently, and where do you see the prices going? (See images below)

It also needs to be considered that I have put 4 new tyres and a clutch on this car very recently (~£1000).

112k miles
Prodrive Performance Pack
Interior in excellent condition
Paintwork in great condition aside from a few scratches here and there.
Mechanically perfect in terms of engine running and driving. (Engine had a rebuild 30k miles ago)

As a note, I understand its not all about the money as long as you enjoy your car! I am just interested in getting some opinions on this topic. This car was purchased in 2017 for £3500 at 100k miles.

Cheers!

Last edited by ScooBloke; 06 May 2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06 May 2018, 05:46 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

How much more will it drop from £3500, it's all relative as well depending on what you plan to buy, you can't go wrong holding onto it for a couple of more years, even if it drops you won't loose a fortune and it sounds like a well looked after car.
Old 06 May 2018, 06:15 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

You won’t lose any significant money on it in 2 years. £3,500 is not a lot for one of those, providing it runs well with no significant faults.
Old 06 May 2018, 07:26 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Prices seem to be sticking to around that price. Think you'd get your money back now. All depends on how many miles you do in next few years. If will have fsh. And condition.
Old 06 May 2018, 09:43 PM
ScooBloke
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers guys,

It seems that the consensus is that I've not got a lot to lose by holding on then, I think I would have ended up doing that anyway , I struggle to see what else I could buy which would provide to feeling of power for the money! Not to mention the noise.

I can only wonder where the prices will go in the future, especially as the PPP Wagons aren't all that common, maybe they will have their day in terms of becoming a classic?
Old 07 May 2018, 11:34 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I bought a FWD 220BHP daily, and its not as good as my Impreza. Handles well, but i forgot cars can wheel spin lol All my Impreza's just plant the power down, come rain or shine.
Old 08 May 2018, 12:03 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my 05 PPP Wagon in 2014 for £3300 on about 87K miles (private sale, not dealer), so if they're still going for around £3500 with 100K miles then they're probably not going down in value. There's probably a way to track advertised prices on autotrader etc to see trends, but not sure if it can be specific enough to look at wagon only sales, or PPP within that.

Trending Topics

Old 11 May 2018, 10:44 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Would have thought having PPP would help. Seen prices dip in last few weeks for WRX models. Cost of fuel is rising though, and as i've always said this will be a factor for alot some people.
Old 11 May 2018, 06:54 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Would have thought having PPP would help. Seen prices dip in last few weeks for WRX models. Cost of fuel is rising though, and as i've always said this will be a factor for alot some people.
Yes very good point. The prices of older, ‘less desirable’ WRX Imprezas have held up in the last few years, as fuel has been much cheaper than it was. If it heads over £1.30 again, they’ll be difficult to sell.