ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

The Eden run charity event

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2018, 10:35 PM
j4meswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Eden run charity event

In July 2016, Eden was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma, a rare form of childhood cancer. She is now in desperate need of help and needs over £200k to get the treatment she needs. This run is for Eden and even if we raise Just £10 it’ll be worth it (hopefully a lot more). We need everyone to promote this like crazy so we can make this an epic run. More details as we get going on it. We will be completing a convoy from madjeski reading to Poole harbour. All cars bikes welcome

We will all meet at madjeski stadium car park on 14th April at 11am where donations will be taken then a convoy down to Poole harbour

https://www.facebook.com/events/1322061557899508??...
Old 09 February 2018, 04:44 PM
Jay kay
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without meaning to sound disrespectful, what is the funding for? The NHS do not charge to treat cancer, especially for children. Is this because it is not treatment the NHS can authorise?

Cancer is a terrible thing and I hope the correct treatment is found for a happy outcome
Old 09 February 2018, 06:15 PM
j4meswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay kay
Without meaning to sound disrespectful, what is the funding for? The NHS do not charge to treat cancer, especially for children. Is this because it is not treatment the NHS can authorise?

Cancer is a terrible thing and I hope the correct treatment is found for a happy outcome
hi it’s funding to get her the treatment she requires in America. Unfortunately the nhs will not give her the drugs required to keep the cancer away there is a 85% chance that once the cancer has been beaten it will come back within 2 months. The medication in America will basically give her a 90% chance of it never coming back. Unfortunately for her she got diagnosed 1 month after the nhs had stopped this treatment. Neuroblastoma was what Bradley Lowery unfortunately passed away from. Check out the Eden eyre fairy project out on Facebook for more info. I’m just a friend of the family trying to help in a way I can as I would hope my friends would if it happened to my little girl.

I hope that helps

cheers james
Old 09 February 2018, 06:59 PM
Jay kay
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's such a shame, the things some people have to go through it so unfair. I hope the event is a big success