Sponsored by:

What's it worth ? Impreza 08 factory audio sat nav unit

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2017, 04:07 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default What's it worth ? Impreza 08 factory audio sat nav unit

Still currently fitted to a friends 08 hatch but will be listed once he gets a true
Valuation as to what it's worth ?

All I can find is one on eBay for £300 delivered

CSF
Old 31 October 2017, 07:13 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the same set up in my JDM Legacy but it is 10 years older. I managed to get a full Subaru after market dealer kit, including DVD drive, all the cables and fitting kit for £250 from IMPARTSB46 on eBay. It allowed me to transfer out the JDM head unit and DVD drive.

Sadly the kit is mated to the particular model of car and not transferable outside the marque.
Old 31 October 2017, 07:44 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
I have the same set up in my JDM Legacy but it is 10 years older. I managed to get a full Subaru after market dealer kit, including DVD drive, all the cables and fitting kit for £250 from IMPARTSB46 on eBay. It allowed me to transfer out the JDM head unit and DVD drive.

Sadly the kit is mated to the particular model of car and not transferable outside the marque.

Hi Trooper....

This is a uk car not a Jdm...

I'm alittle confused by your reply I see what ur saying regarding the marque and that it would presumably only fully work where it was oem as standard though...

I haven't tried removing it as yet but he is wanting a aftermarket double din with sub amp etc.... can it be done as usual ?

Cheeers
Old 31 October 2017, 07:51 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz
Hi Trooper....

I'm alittle confused by your reply I see what ur saying regarding the marque and that it would presumably only fully work where it was oem as standard though...

I haven't tried removing it as yet but he is wanting a aftermarket double din with sub amp etc.... can it be done as usual ?

Cheeers
they are a slightly different size to the normal double din so you either need a adapter for around £10 or you can get another facia that is the right size for about £50

I ended up fitting a kind of piggy back set up that gives me amp leads on the rear so didn't need to go for a different stereo as I wanted to keep the trip computer
Old 31 October 2017, 08:15 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46
they are a slightly different size to the normal double din so you either need a adapter for around £10 or you can get another facia that is the right size for about £50

I ended up fitting a kind of piggy back set up that gives me amp leads on the rear so didn't need to go for a different stereo as I wanted to keep the trip computer

Domino, that maybe a option can u tell me what was required and how u went out fitting the sub etc via the piggy back ?
Old 31 October 2017, 08:36 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Domino, that maybe a option can u tell me what was required and how u went out fitting the sub etc via the piggy back ?

fitting the sub power and earth as normal , then fitting this little box at the rear to give you amp leads and the trigger for the amp , works great in mine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Leve...cAAOSwbtVZO8iK
Old 31 October 2017, 09:01 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Thanks this maybe a better option I didn't no this was available

Are you in any way able to adjust the sub output via the stereo on urs or would u need this option Via the sub ?

Thanks again
Old 31 October 2017, 11:20 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Trooper....

Cheeers
The features ie Accel, MPG etc would work unless it was fitted to another Subaru with the correct harness.
Old 01 November 2017, 07:19 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Thanks this maybe a better option I didn't no this was available

Are you in any way able to adjust the sub output via the stereo on urs or would u need this option Via the sub ?

Thanks again

works via the speakers so the louder they are the louder the sub but it has adjusters on that little box so you can ajust it to how you want it before fitting but once fitted you have to live with how loads it is compared to the speakers ,, so a tiny bit of ajust meant over a couple of days is a good idea to get it just right

Last edited by domino46; 01 November 2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 18 March 2018, 05:12 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Domino .... I still haven't got round to fitting this on my friends hatch although I have bought the amp wiring kit and have bought the rca adapter box thing that u put a link to above...

Can I ask where u located yours did u fit it behind the stereo or next to the amp or else where ? Also can you advise on why it has 2 grounds ?

Cheers also if you have any pics that would be awesome