Opinions - Picking up this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2017, 10:06 AM
Danny Riyat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions - Picking up this weekend

Hello All,

Its new car time and i am going to pick this up this weekend - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...us=1500&page=1

What do you guys think?
Are these cars reliable?
Is this too cheap?

Seller has sent me images of service book and has full subaru service history.

Cheers
Old 08 September 2017, 10:36 AM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi Danny,

I think (others may disagree) it's about right price wise. It's the lesser model of the range but as it is pretty standard that is a good thing reliability wise. It has the 2.5L lump that can be prone to isssues when either overly stressed or not maintained properly. You should in theory avoid those issues with this. It's hard to comment further without physically seeing the vehicle face to face. Have a good search on line for known issues with the model, any recalls for the model and ensure your either happy they have been addressed or forewarned they may need addressing and use that info to possibly get a better deal if at all possible. If your looking to start modding it's probably not the best car to start with but not everyone wants to do so, just worth mentioning. Enjoy 👍🏼
Old 08 September 2017, 10:51 AM
Danny Riyat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R666ORY+1
Hi Danny,

I think (others may disagree) it's about right price wise. It's the lesser model of the range but as it is pretty standard that is a good thing reliability wise. It has the 2.5L lump that can be prone to isssues when either overly stressed or not maintained properly. You should in theory avoid those issues with this. It's hard to comment further without physically seeing the vehicle face to face. Have a good search on line for known issues with the model, any recalls for the model and ensure your either happy they have been addressed or forewarned they may need addressing and use that info to possibly get a better deal if at all possible. If your looking to start modding it's probably not the best car to start with but not everyone wants to do so, just worth mentioning. Enjoy 👍🏼
Thanks for this mate, been looking for a standard example for a while. In terms of mods i was just thinking a map with custom exhaust and sports cat. Car will only really be driven on weekends as already have a daily. Will let you know how i get on!
Old 08 September 2017, 10:57 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks very tidy,enjoy
Old 08 September 2017, 12:16 PM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

£520 a year tax for a car that does 0-60 in 6.5 ? A diesel golf/bmw will do that

Price seems alarmingly cheap, but it could be a decent buy if youre not to fussed on the lack of performance and high tax cost. Personally I think the hatch wrx is as dull as it gets.
Old 08 September 2017, 12:40 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I think if you wanted a fast hatch then a Mazda MPS or Focus ST would be a better place to spend the money.
Old 08 September 2017, 01:23 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
I think if you wanted a fast hatch then a Mazda MPS or Focus ST would be a better place to spend the money.
Traction.
Old 08 September 2017, 04:27 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Really all depends what you want when you buy a set car. Some people just want to own a Ford or a Mazda. Some people just really want to own a Ferrari or a Land Rover. If you can buy various year STIs at similar mileage for 5k then cheaper than that is prob a good starting point for a WRX. So many variables really. Insurance costs, personal circumstances, it's not that long ago the likes of Autoexpress, Autocar, Topgear raved about recent Clio sports. They were not 0 - 60 monsters but still impressed. So you have a cheaper to buy, run and own AWD Subaru (other than RTF give or take) and it doesn't appear that bad really. I think it's very subjective. It appears the OP wants this car. Fair play to him, he could buy far worse for the money 👍🏼
Old 08 September 2017, 05:54 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Enjoy...