Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would/should/could a type r rolling shell sell for?

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2017, 07:00 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much would/should/could a type r rolling shell sell for?

as the title asks. How much would you be looking to pay for a full panelled shell?

Hopefully rust free no dash needed seats would be a plus.
Old 21 July 2017, 07:10 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

some thing like this
Old 21 July 2017, 09:34 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure really, but if anyone wants mine they'd need to give me £3.5k, it's minus an engine and bonnet.
Old 21 July 2017, 09:41 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Seen a few on here go for £3000.
Old 21 July 2017, 09:44 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

You still not sorted a bloody engine out for your R then Ditch ???
Old 21 July 2017, 09:48 PM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Not sure really, but if anyone wants mine they'd need to give me £3.5k, it's minus an engine and bonnet.
Could I get some details please (colour, year, condition etc) as my wife is looking for something we can build together.
Old 22 July 2017, 05:56 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

bbscooys sticker in the back window

Trending Topics

Old 22 July 2017, 07:30 AM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

3.5k 🤔 definitely need to get rid of the bmw project then to fund getting one.
Old 22 July 2017, 08:51 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

This is her without the front 3 piece spoiler/ splitter at curbourgh sprint track
Originally Posted by MattyB1983
You still not sorted a bloody engine out for your R then Ditch ???
TBH mate, I haven't got the time or the inclination to do anything with it, money is also a factor because it would probably cost me around £5k and upwards dependant on spec... if I built the engine myself with a newage bottom end probably less... but it's money I have to spend on other stuff for now.

I have bought a load of bit's for it over the years since I stripped it as and when they pop up, hence it being almost complete again... I suppose if I could find a decent ally bonnet, hopefully in sonic blue then that might make me sort an engine for it.

But reality is it wants rear quarters painting again as I had a bloke do them for me and he didn't make a brilliant job of it, they're not rusty which is a blessing, front valance has had a slight knock too at some point, which is why I never sold the shell originally as I wasn't going to take peanuts for it, for something that's easy and cheap to fix.

If someone turns up with cash and not going to mess me about then I'd probably take it.

Like I said everything is there bar bonnet and engine, even got a exeddy lightened flywheel and AP clutch, AP 4 pots, that's best part of a grand of anyones money.

Umm not sure what to do.

It's a 97 V3 Type r, sonic blue, with the 555 seats, loads of other bit's like original wheels refirbd with new tyres, set of 5 Ultra light G.grids that cost me £1200, need a refirb though.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 22 July 2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 22 July 2017, 09:07 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

TBH mate, I haven't got the time or the inclination to do anything with it, money is also a factor because it would probably cost me around £5k and upwards dependant on spec... if I built the engine myself with a newage bottom end probably less... but it's money I have to spend on other stuff for now.

I have bought a load of bit's for it over the years since I stripped it as and when they pop up, hence it being almost complete again... I suppose if I could find a decent ally bonnet, hopefully in sonic blue then that might make me sort an engine for it.

But reality is it wants rear quarters painting again as I had a bloke do them for me and he didn't make a brilliant job of it, they're not rusty which is a blessing, front valance has had a slight knock too at some point, which is why I never sold the shell originally as I wasn't going to take peanuts for it, for something that's easy and cheap to fix.

If someone turns up with cash and not going to mess me about then I'd probably take it.

Like I said everything is there bar bonnet and engine, even got a exeddy lightened flywheel and AP clutch, AP 4 pots, that's best part of a grand of anyones money.

Umm not sure what to do.

It's a 97 V3 Type r, sonic blue, with the 555 seats, loads of other bit's like original wheels refirbd with new tyres, set of 5 Ultra light G.grids that cost me £1200, need a refirb though.

Can you pm me some pics of it mate, and its location.
Old 22 July 2017, 09:17 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
Can you pm me some pics of it mate, and its location.
Nottingham, but I won't be there for 2/3 weeks, got loads of pics but they're mostly on photobucket, but you'll get the idea from the one I've just loaded.

Comes with a set of wiseco forged pistons and eagle rods... it just gets better and better.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 22 July 2017 at 09:24 AM.
Old 22 July 2017, 10:15 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Nottingham, but I won't be there for 2/3 weeks, got loads of pics but they're mostly on photobucket, but you'll get the idea from the one I've just loaded.

Comes with a set of wiseco forged pistons and eagle rods... it just gets better and better.

Very interested mate, as I will have an engine coming out of my V3 Type R I could just sling straight in.
Old 22 July 2017, 12:06 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Ditch, stop fecking about. Buy a newage short motor, sling some heads on it (I'm sure you've got a set of heads) and sort the body out. You'll probably chuck 2 grand at it and it'll go from a (maybe) 3 grand body to a 7+ grand type R....
Old 22 July 2017, 01:52 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
Very interested mate, as I will have an engine coming out of my V3 Type R I could just sling straight in.
Well, then you might want to take a look at it or I might even have the engine off you... be nice to get a v3 engine back in it... if you'll let it go at a reasonable price.
Old 22 July 2017, 01:55 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Ditch, stop fecking about. Buy a newage short motor, sling some heads on it (I'm sure you've got a set of heads) and sort the body out. You'll probably chuck 2 grand at it and it'll go from a (maybe) 3 grand body to a 7+ grand type R....
I go through phases with it mate, sure you know how it is.... but as I'm not in the UK and it's not costing me anything to keep it in the garage, I don't mind either way tbh, which is why the price would need to be right and whoever can just come and take the lot and be done with it.
Old 22 July 2017, 02:29 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Well, then you might want to take a look at it or I might even have the engine off you... be nice to get a v3 engine back in it... if you'll let it go at a reasonable price.
Ready when you are mate, my engine will need at least HG anyways, I'd refresh it before fitting it anyways. Pm me your number if you want to chat about it.

Your not a million miles from me anyway.
Old 22 July 2017, 05:18 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Just spoke to a subaru breakers on eBay. The going rate for a full panelled shell is 3.5k. Time to pull my finger out and get the old bmw finished and sold so I can look at building a type r. Got the engine just need to shell to put it in :-)
Old 22 July 2017, 07:40 PM
beanbaby
Scooby Regular

3.5k is cheap for all that ditch. Sold one of my type r rolling shells on eBay last year and made just over 5k after fees. Was full rolling shell minus engine.
Old 22 July 2017, 09:32 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beanbaby
3.5k is cheap for all that ditch. Sold one of my type r rolling shells on eBay last year and made just over 5k after fees. Was full rolling shell minus engine.
Lol, guess that's why I've had so many PM's

Well it has some small issues and tbh, if it's going to go I just want the lot gone in one hit, not interested in bitting and bobbing with a bunch of messers, I'd sooner just leave it in the garage than deal with idiots low balling me, it's been there for 4yrs and I don't care if it stays there for another 10.
Old 22 July 2017, 09:35 PM
Type R Al
Scooby Regular

On Facebook, I've seen 2 newly completed shells for sale. They are finished to a high spec by Robert Crossland. Check the group - Subaru Type R / P1 / 2dr Parts And Spares Only!

This his post, contact him directly
"Finally time to reveal what Mark and myself have been busy with over the last few months.

One of the best looking Impreza's Subaru ever made. This shell has been fully stitch welded, blasted underneath and then painted bright white. The arches front and rear have been tubbed professionally to allow for wheel clearance, RCD (Roll Cage designs) have installed a fully certificated FIA approved roll cage along with fire wall and seat tubes also painted bright white.

On the out side it has had the ABW Motorsport S5 WRC kit Installed including rear quarters, front wings, skirts, bumpers and bonnet vents along with genuine Subaru rear spoiler. Painted in the correct colour 74f blue it looks truly stunning with the contrasting white interior and underside, paint work is incredible and pictures don't do it justice. The shell comes with all glass and full exterior trim including carbon WRC teardrop mirrors (Prodrive Seats not included).

This is 1 of 2 replica S5 WRC motorsport shells available, PM only for price genuine interest only."

Last edited by Type R Al; 22 July 2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 22 July 2017, 09:49 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Think they'll be in the region of £10k each, maybe more.
Old 23 July 2017, 01:42 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

if this had been posted a few weeks ago i would have bought it when i was in the country!
Old 23 July 2017, 01:45 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

Think they'll be in the region of £10k each, maybe more.
asking 12 on motorsport auction website, shame they're all fiberglass panels and bumpers
Old 23 July 2017, 02:11 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tom-r33
asking 12 on motorsport auction website, shame they're all fiberglass panels and bumpers
Also asking for 13k on ebay