Sponsored by:

subaru vivio 1995 please help! 2Gears gets stuck at once

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2017, 09:45 PM
mar
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subaru vivio 1995 please help! 2Gears gets stuck at once

Hello, (sorry for the length of the post) I just bought an automatic Subaru vivio 1995 from a friend, a month ago and it showed a problem of 2 gears being stuck at once the other day. Even though it was running just fine, on friday I parked for 5 minutes to pick something up, and upon turning the ignition, the engine would run, but the car would not move; on the dashboard 2 gears were selected. I tried turning the car on and off and trying again with no avail. Since it was late, i decided to call the tow service in the morning. When i went to check it the next day, it worked just fine. 4 days later, i was driving, and for no absolute reason (besides me turning right after a traffic light) the car just stopped moving. In the middle of the road. engine still running, but no movement. Again i can move the gear up and down, engaging the other gears (which show on the dashboard) all the while it is stuck in gear Ds (which I am instructed not to use, and never do) and so it does not move. 2 gears simultaneously, confused vivio.. The mechanic said to try moving the gear up and down a few times, since its an old car and might get stuck etc.. I did that (whilst being hounded by the drivers behind me), with no avail, until 2 people came to help push the car to the side of the road. The previous time this happened last week, I took it to the mechanic to check the transmission fluid and it was fine. Now i just parked it on the side of the road. I will try it again tomorrow. Any ideas are much appreciated, Its my first car, and I have alot to learn!!
Old 15 June 2017, 05:23 PM
Bad_HatHarry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mar
It sounds like a electrical problem maybe.
Maybe a lead is loose, or some wire have been cut through and intimittently touching each other or something metal.
nice car by the way, always wanted a vivio
Old 20 June 2017, 10:32 PM
dufus
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi mate my brother owns 3 of these little beauties (was 5). Drop him a line I am sure he can help. It's squidge_1495@hotmail.co.uk