Preparing WRX wagon for sale

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2017, 08:50 PM
Chugnut
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preparing WRX wagon for sale

Hi all,

I'm going to sell my Hawk WRX with just under 70k on the clock. I've had it for 5 years and it had 20k on it when I bought it. The previous owner had only done oil and filter changes, so I did the cambelt and everything else they'd missed as soon as I bought it. It's cost a few quid since then (rear shocks, secondary oil pump, calipers, disks, pads, and recently the clutch) and I'm fed up with it now plus the insurance, £500 tax, and potential ring-land concerns to look forward to next. It's now due another service (oil/filter + another cambelt and the water pump this time). It's been mapped by Racedynamix to 274bhp but that's just with a K&N air filter - no exhaust mods. It's lost some paint from the colour coded side sills so was going to do this (approx. £80).

Do you reckon it's worth: -

a) selling the car as is with a lower price - i.e. needing the service and cambelt, bit of paint missing, and mapped to 274? All of which has the potential to put off most buyers since they'll tend to want an unmodded car with nothing to do.

b) spending about £500-600 getting all these bits sorted and mapped back to standard but potentially increasing the chance of a sale and able to command a higher price? It's in very good nick for it's age (apart from the paint bit) and full service history, loads of receipts, etc.

c) taking a middle-ground option (basic oil/filter service and paint) and trying to appeal to the mod buyer instead by mentioning the 274bhp map?

Cheers in advance.
Rich