Sponsored by:

wheels observation

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2017, 11:13 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels observation

this is just an observation but I cannot help to notice that the majority of wheels put up for sale have been kerbed so does this mean that Scooby drivers don't care about wheels and just hit them or when they park etc just go into the kerbs...

I must admit personally I have always had a thing about alloys on every car I have ever owned and try not to park too close to a kerb or just hit them.

people pay a lot of money for alloys them just don't seem to care once they are on the car or is it a case of once they have one kerb mark on why worry...

just my own views as I was looking to buy a new set of alloys recently and was very tempted by some in the end I bought brand new !!!
Old 10 April 2017, 12:18 AM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drive me nuts when I see kerbed wheels. It comes down to bad driving, that's it. I've been driving since 2000.....kerbed an alloy once in 17 years, and do you know why?.....poor judgement from myself. Tried to fit through a gap that I knew was too small and hit the kerb. I saw an almost new F-type the other day and the wheels were fukced. What is wrong with people!!!!
Old 10 April 2017, 07:50 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Not in all cases
both my sets are as new as are the tyres that are up for sale
Old 10 April 2017, 09:53 AM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

People are selling them because they are kerbed and they have bought replacements...
Old 10 April 2017, 03:57 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

easy mistake to make and doesn't make any difference to how they perform assuming not a big chunk out of them, so other than cosmetic damage not really an issue.