Hi- New to the forum,now on my second Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2017, 08:41 PM
Texaxile
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi- New to the forum,now on my second Scooby

Hi,
Just a brief intro, I've been reading and using some of the helpful advice on this site for a good few years. I had an 07 Hawk WRX 4 years ago, kept it for 2 years then my itch needed scratching and I have just recently got myself an MY04 WRX with a PPP.

For some reason I didn't "gel" with the hawk, despite it being reliable, fast and a solid motor etc, I hankered after a blob for some reason & when one came along at the right money (although not without its problems) I took the plunge. Working on the basis that forgiveness is easier to get from the Mrs than permission etc.

The blob I brought hadn't been serviced for 2 years, it had sat around being a bit neglected. The EML was on, the header tank leaked, the paintwork a bit contaminated and it just looked a bit sad and needed rescuing. 1 month later, a full overhaul inc all fluids , belts, brakes, pads and a bit of TLC and it is shaping up to be a better car for me than the hawk ever was.

The last little job for me to do is get another key coded, i'm waiting on a price at the moment.

So just a little "hello" and a thanks for the advice on this forum. I've no doubt I'll have some questions in the near future but I always tend to do a search before opening my pie hole, so to speak.

Cheers
Pete
Old 16 January 2017, 10:17 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations, Let's see some pictures!
I bought a neglected wrx with ppp 18 months ago and I've really got the impreza bug now.
Old 16 January 2017, 11:36 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. Planning any mods or are you staying factory?
Old 17 January 2017, 07:18 AM
Texaxile
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome, I'll get some pics up after it's had a wash and spruce up!. As regards the car, I've put a Cosworth panel filter in it so far, but as to the rest I intend to remain stock, apart from adding a double din unit in the future.

The paint has suffered a bit so it really needs a machine polish to remove the contamination and the god awful swirls (any tips appreciated) after that it'll be a wheel refurb and possibly a high level rear spoiler. Interior wise it's perfect, never been smoked in and much better than my previous hawk.

On the next service I intend to replace the current oil from Helix synthetic to millers and use an HKS oil filter rather than a Subaru. I put millers in the diff and gearbox and the difference was noticeable, especially from cold.

Later on in the year it'll need a set of tyres, which I'll look at nearer the time, Proxies are looking like a good bet at the moment though.