Another gauge fitting question

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2016, 09:10 AM
AP3491
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another gauge fitting question

I am sure this one has not been covered

I recently purchased prosport gauges peak series from scooby worx I got the ones with the warning capabilities but when they arrived the instructions say i have to buy the actual warning light seperatly, these gauges have the choice of 2 colours could i use the second colour option as the warning light IE when somethings going **** up the gauge will go red but instead of white? (IF anything goes **** up)

cheers
Old 10 December 2016, 09:20 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

You can buy an external warning light but the prosport premium range(if that's what you have) beep when hitting your set peak limit.

Edit: just looked at my instructions,looks like the blue light is for peak settings and recall and not warning light.

Last edited by ossett2k2; 10 December 2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10 December 2016, 11:24 AM
TimH
Orange Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Used to have these I believe. If I remember, the main colour is set by joining a wire to either ground or +12V...so if the warning lamp output is a simple 12V output, used to drive a lamp, then I don't see why you couldn't use it to change the gauge colour.

Worth a try I would have thought?
Old 10 December 2016, 12:06 PM
bro82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gauges has two colours, white and red/amber with lights on, when gauge is blinking red then it's warning, same as if you would disconnect the sensore wire from the gauge or if you have oil press gauge when engine is not running then it should blink in red that's your warning, button at the bottom is to recall or erase peak and to turn off the beep at start up
Old 10 December 2016, 01:33 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

The peak series should have both the audible warning and red warning regardless of what colour choice.

I have the green/white peak series boost gauge and that is wired in for white display whether the lights are on or off!!!

But it lights up red when the boost limit is exceeded....I have the audible warning switched off!
Old 10 December 2016, 01:49 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

It says here in the description from the peak series gauges on their website.

When it says optional warning sound on start up etc that simply means you can switch it off. But it does say that it illuminates red if the limit is exceeded, which you set yourself.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2516.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	21851