Sponsored by:

Forge vta dump valve.

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2016, 10:42 AM
s60tyn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forge vta dump valve.

Hey guys, not been on in a while. I know this is a grey area. Im thinking about putting a dump valve on my new wrx sti. I have a Forge vta one I've had since my last car and fancied changing over the oem one. The car is standard (305hp) Thoughts??
Old 10 December 2016, 11:02 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

It will make the car run worse,even when mapping one in then they have no performance benefits.
If you really like the phssssh sound that much then fit it,but as it will run rich at certain points like throttle lift then expect to change the oil more frequently and visit the shell garage more often.
Old 10 December 2016, 12:32 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
It will make the car run worse,even when mapping one in then they have no performance benefits.
If you really like the phssssh sound that much then fit it,but as it will run rich at certain points like throttle lift then expect to change the oil more frequently and visit the shell garage more often.
You spoil sport
Old 10 December 2016, 12:36 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by s60tyn
Hey guys, not been on in a while. I know this is a grey area. Im thinking about putting a dump valve on my new wrx sti. I have a Forge vta one I've had since my last car and fancied changing over the oem one. The car is standard (305hp) Thoughts??
Get it on bruv sickk whoosh noise and you might even get some crackles on over run
if you don't like put genuine back on its not like your putting an induction kit on without a map tweek it won't be that bad but it won't be as smooth neither TRY IT OUT and make your own mind up
Old 10 December 2016, 07:09 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stuck a forge vta bov on my wagon and the car seems a bit sluggish when accelerating through the gears.

So for that reason I'll be removing it and putting the std recirc back on. Give it a try and see how you get on, nice easy mod that's simple to put back to std if you don't like it.

The reason I opted for the forge vta is it's subtle below 3k, so around town you don't sound like a chav, but when above 3k you get the addictive sound that most like.

I'd rather have a car that's running spot on though.
Old 10 December 2016, 07:15 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Mines mapped maffless, love my forge vta.

Mind you I do also have a forge recirc. Should I need it
Old 10 December 2016, 09:54 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here we go, here we go, here we go ......... repeat to fade.