Hi All

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2016, 01:15 PM
Ash008
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi All

Hello all.

My 1st post on this forum. I have bought my 2nd Scooby. Had my 1st one of a mate-who never really looked after it, no service for 6 years, but I loved it. Got rid for a "sensible" Astra SRI, Very nice one. 150BHP Turbo Diesel X-pack. Went like f***. But I really missed the old Scooby, So I bought one, sorry to all those die hards but it is a GX sport.. I personally bought a house so I couldn't warrant a WRX (Misiss prob's wouldn't of let me anyway XD) Dispite "downgrading" in power, the GX is way way more fun than my Astra ever was, it never felt the same.
But i manged to get a nice one, 1 lady owner who hardly ever used it, 52k on the clock, never ever been touched or modded, still has original 15" wheels and CD player. All for 3k. But I have plans, already got some Bronze JR3 17"x8. So watch these updates as Id like to share with all you fellow scooby lovers what I do. and what People think.

But to anyone wanting to buy one, don't be put off buy those "just wait until your 25 and buy a WRX" meh get stuck in, Yes I miss the turbo, especially after my Astra, I Admit it's sluggish up hill, but if you know how to drive, get a nice stretch of county road in the right revs, its one hell of a fun car, which you can afford. and I proved- boy racers and their light tune ups, can't touch me through the bends. (and If your young and all your mates have Saxo's and Corsa's you still hammer them (as my mate used to with me) and they'l be envious. It a beautiful looking car, right prince range, reliable, quick enough, handles well (better than any other car Iv'e driven), cheap insurance, and it turns a-lot of heads.

So yes, Hi all-sorry for the essay. And let me know what you all think.

Old Scooby

Old Astra

Old Astra

New Scooby (tottaly unmodified)

New JR3s

New Scooby

New-Totally unmodded scooby<br/>
Old 02 August 2016, 03:09 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

liking the new scoob bud. please just put the new wheels on and leave it as is as its a very clean and tidy example. maybe get rid of the pea shooter exhaust for something to release the burble. dont spoil it!
Old 02 August 2016, 03:24 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Welcome dude
& it is allready modified with the wrx bonnet/scoop
Old 02 August 2016, 03:52 PM
Ash008
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4
liking the new scoob bud. please just put the new wheels on and leave it as is as its a very clean and tidy example. maybe get rid of the pea shooter exhaust for something to release the burble. dont spoil it!
Yeah, next thing on the list is a custom stainless exhaust. (In fact its all nee from the manifold back) jist just new back box. Tempted tonleave it. Dont you like the Rally look?

But yes very tidy example. Thanks =)
Old 02 August 2016, 03:52 PM
Ash008
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ZANY
Welcome dude
& it is allready modified with the wrx bonnet/scoop
Yeah, is why I like it. Was hard to find a nice GX Sport =)
Old 02 August 2016, 04:13 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

nope cant stand the rally look personally, plastering it with graphics will ruin it in my eyes. the wheels on your first one looked awful as well and the new ones are much nicer. look around the gallery on this site, most of the cars are tastefully done and not many rally rep/ slags around. its a personal thing of course this is only my opinion and its your car! lol do what you want with it but making it look like it crashed into halfords front window isnt the way to go
Old 02 August 2016, 05:09 PM
Ash008
Scooby Newbie

Yeah, im undecided. I like rally anyway
To be fair, down my way, not many scoobies that are blue, and ones that do have rally stickers-none are the correct colour match.(or done that well) Wheels on old one wasnt me, nor the stickers. But people loved it. I dono yet. I probs will. XD. See loads of plain ones.... the wheels are lush tho, hours of ebay scrooling, and exhaust next. I cnt wait.