Sponsored by:

I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2016, 10:12 PM
Scoobyshane87
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!!

Hi guys and gals of scooby net I'm a complete newbie to the site but am begging for help

I have a 93 classic turbo and it keeps popping front crankshaft oil seals and after A LOT of information from reading the forums on here I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the screws in the back of the oil pump coming loose so gonna go for an upgraded oil pump as been told this should resolve the problem but I've had a look online and there are so many to choose from So any information would be amazing thanks in advance and il post some pics of the old girl once she's back up and running again
Old 01 May 2016, 10:29 PM
merlin24
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi and welcome to the site.
Firstly I would check that you haven't got excessive end float on the crankshaft causing the seal to come out of the oil pump.
When buying a replacement oil pump, dont be tempted to go for a 11 or 12mm pump - a standard 10mm pump with a modified plunger will do just fine.

Mick
Old 01 May 2016, 10:40 PM
Scoobyshane87
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you
It got a bit daunting when I see there was 10 11 12 mm and all sorts hahaha I know the basic mechanics but il have to get someone to check end float or is it quite a simple thing to do its a shame as when the car works she's a beautiful drive with a few extra mods thrown in for good measure and fun