ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

ScoobySport Exhaust Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2016, 11:24 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ScoobySport Exhaust Systems?

So in my search for a decent exhaust system for my Type R, I have come across http://www.scoobysport.co.uk

The one page website makes claims of excellent design and even better gas flow, and from my brief research, these exhaust systems seem to have been quite popular in the past, iconic almost. Having said that, there appears to be very little information on the internet about these exhausts from around 2012/13 onwards.

I have contacted them via email, the only form of contact that they provide on their website. However, I have not received a response.

I asked if the system was a 3" system, or a 2.5". I also asked if there were any extra O2 bungs installed in the downpipe. There is no mention of bore size or O2 bungs on the website, and the pictures of the exhaust are not that revealing.

Does anyone have any recent dealings with this company? If so, are the exhausts as good as they claim?
Old 21 April 2016, 12:39 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by DoZZa
So in my search for a decent exhaust system for my Type R, I have come across http://www.scoobysport.co.uk

The one page website makes claims of excellent design and even better gas flow, and from my brief research, these exhaust systems seem to have been quite popular in the past, iconic almost. Having said that, there appears to be very little information on the internet about these exhausts from around 2012/13 onwards.

I have contacted them via email, the only form of contact that they provide on their website. However, I have not received a response.

I asked if the system was a 3" system, or a 2.5". I also asked if there were any extra O2 bungs installed in the downpipe. There is no mention of bore size or O2 bungs on the website, and the pictures of the exhaust are not that revealing.

Does anyone have any recent dealings with this company? If so, are the exhausts as good as they claim?
Its interchangeable with any Subaru exhaust so can only be 2.5". As you said the original Scoobysport exhaust made by H&S was iconic. Have you looked here: http://www.haywardandscott.com/subar...a-classic.html The new Scoobyport exhausts are now made by someone else.
Old 21 April 2016, 12:48 PM
Scooby-doo97
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Simon (owner of SS) had problems with manufacturing back in '09...

Originally Posted by ScoobySport.co.uk
The exhausts were never manufactured. We were very badly let down and it cost me a considerable amount of money.
You'll be lucky if you get a response.
Old 21 April 2016, 07:29 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beastie
Its interchangeable with any Subaru exhaust so can only be 2.5". As you said the original Scoobysport exhaust made by H&S was iconic. Have you looked here: http://www.haywardandscott.com/subar...a-classic.html The new Scoobyport exhausts are now made by someone else.
I looked at the H & S site, not so keen on the back box design, but the rest if the system looks pretty good.

Originally Posted by Scooby-doo97
Simon (owner of SS) had problems with manufacturing back in '09...

You'll be lucky if you get a response.
Yeah, still no response. So the search is still on.