ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

2004 blob wrx remap without tgv delete and exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2016, 04:55 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 blob wrx remap without tgv delete and exhaust options

hi guys just after a bit of info in regards to my uk 2004 wrx blob. mechancally its completely stock but that will soon change. ive owned a few imprezas before so know the typical upgrade path... ive just looked into remaps on the team carr website and its saying you need to do a tgv delete for a map on a blob eye wrx?!?! is this just if your using open source mapping? with ecutek could you leave all that alone even though its more expensive..

and for the exhaust, volume is an issue i dont want it too loud as the missus actually doesnt mind driving the car at the mo, and i know shed just turn her nose up at it if it was too loud and its nice to have her involved lol so...

ive bought a ninja backbox with removeable baffle, before map i was probably going to go for a harvey up pipe, and a sport cat down pipe, if i leave the stock original center section of the exhaust with the box in will it still be decent enough free flowing and not too loud??

mods will be...

stock 2004 wrx engine
walbro pump
k and n panel filter
silicone y/boost pipe
harvey decat trick up pipe
sport cat wide mouth d/pipe
stock mid pipe with box
ninja back box with removeable baffle
1 step colder spark plugs

then remap

thanks guys hope you can help aaron
Old 15 March 2016, 08:53 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I doubt a TGV delete is essential under 400bhp but I think the Carr website claims an aftermarket ECU they offer designed for the STI can't control the WRX's TGV.

You can Ecutek/opensource map the stock WRX ecu without touching the TGVs.
Old 15 March 2016, 08:58 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not essential in my opinion. you don't even need to remove them neither, you can simply deactivate them for all the gain it'd give.
Old 16 March 2016, 11:47 AM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

so what your saying is the tgv wont be an issue when mapping on either open source or ecutek then. thats good to know. is my car equipped with avcs as well? 2004 blob eye (54 reg) thanks for the replies guys.
Old 16 March 2016, 05:38 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron_ions
so what your saying is the tgv wont be an issue when mapping on either open source or ecutek then. thats good to know. is my car equipped with avcs as well? 2004 blob eye (54 reg) thanks for the replies guys.
I am not sure if the UK cars came with AVCS but you could check your engine code on the VIN Plate.
My 2003 MY JDM Blob WRX engine code is EJ205DW5BE and Applied Model code is GDAC48D.
Old 16 March 2016, 05:59 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the wrx doesn't have avcs.
uk blobeye sti does
Trev
Old 16 March 2016, 10:15 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
I am not sure if the UK cars came with AVCS but you could check your engine code on the VIN Plate.
My 2003 MY JDM Blob WRX engine code is EJ205DW5BE and Applied Model code is GDAC48D.
Does your JDM blob rev to 8,000rpm?
Old 17 March 2016, 07:53 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

hi guys just after a bit of info in regards to my uk 2004 wrx blob. mechancally its completely stock but that will soon change. ive owned a few imprezas before so know the typical upgrade path... ive just looked into remaps on the team carr website and its saying you need to do a tgv delete for a map on a blob eye wrx?!?! is this just if your using open source mapping? with ecutek could you leave all that alone even though its more expensive..

and for the exhaust, volume is an issue i dont want it too loud as the missus actually doesnt mind driving the car at the mo, and i know shed just turn her nose up at it if it was too loud and its nice to have her involved lol so...

ive bought a ninja backbox with removeable baffle, before map i was probably going to go for a harvey up pipe, and a sport cat down pipe, if i leave the stock original center section of the exhaust with the box in will it still be decent enough free flowing and not too loud??

mods will be...

stock 2004 wrx engine
walbro pump
k and n panel filter
silicone y/boost pipe
harvey decat trick up pipe
sport cat wide mouth d/pipe
stock mid pipe with box
ninja back box with removeable baffle
1 step colder spark plugs

then remap

thanks guys hope you can help aaron
Hi mate ive got same sort of mods as you. Andrew carr mapped mine 12months ago using carrberry rom with twin maps and switchable antilag. He can work round the tgv delete now. Ive got a 2003 blob wrx with a full cobra track friendly 3inch decat. Its quiet for what it is does not drone on motorway etc. My car was mapped by scoobyclinic to 273bhp but feels alot quicker now. +1 for andrew carr.

Last edited by nortonscooby; 17 March 2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 18 March 2016, 10:40 AM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nortonscooby
Hi mate ive got same sort of mods as you. Andrew carr mapped mine 12months ago using carrberry rom with twin maps and switchable antilag. He can work round the tgv delete now. Ive got a 2003 blob wrx with a full cobra track friendly 3inch decat. Its quiet for what it is does not drone on motorway etc. My car was mapped by scoobyclinic to 273bhp but feels alot quicker now. +1 for andrew carr.
hi mate thanks for the reply. do you mind me asking how much that set you back for mapping with the switchable maps and anti lag? and also what kinda torque your seeing? hoping to get the lot done for about £1k really (buy parts, then get them fitted and mapped) budgeting around £500 for the map i suppose. im just keeping my eye open for any good second hand bits that may come up... down pipe, silenced center, silicone y prodrive hose, decent up pipe etc.

thanks
Old 19 March 2016, 04:29 AM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

hi mate thanks for the reply. do you mind me asking how much that set you back for mapping with the switchable maps and anti lag? and also what kinda torque your seeing? hoping to get the lot done for about £1k really (buy parts, then get them fitted and mapped) budgeting around £500 for the map i suppose. im just keeping my eye open for any good second hand bits that may come up... down pipe, silenced center, silicone y prodrive hose, decent up pipe etc.

thanks
You should get it sorted for £1k easily. Not sure on torque as not been on rollers. The difference is night and day tho from previous map. Keep an eye on mattys (m.b devlopments) posts in traders section for a good down pipe and genuine sti up pipe. Avoid the cheap ebay tat.