Sponsored by:

Ok stupid question of the day here

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2016, 11:16 PM
Turboconnect
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ok stupid question of the day here

Just got myself a 1999 Impreza Sport model (my third one to date)

Front suspension appears to be about an inch to two inches higher on the front compared to the back suspension, I've got it as a project car but it is a daily runner as need it on the road.

It actually looks like I'm carrying 10 bags of gravel in the boot (I've checked, and I'm not lol)

Right here is the stupid question, any way to lower the front as a temporary fix to make it look ok or not without having to spend **** loads on new suspension or rears just now, MOT not due till October and I'm hoping to have all that replaced before then anyway, but just looking for a quick fix for a month until the budget opens up a bit really. I've checked shockers springs etc and all appear to be ok, so not sure why its got a reverse sit up n beg look really, neither of my other two looked like this??

Any ideas?
Old 14 March 2016, 01:20 AM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics? thought this at first but when your stand back the car is clearly sloping forwards its just the arches are cut higher on the front.
I bet you will be able to reverse up a set of home ramps but will have no hope driving towards
Old 14 March 2016, 01:33 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's possible that someone has changed the springs and they've fitted the backs to the front and vice versa, it is possible to do.
Old 14 March 2016, 01:26 PM
scooberuni
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The front end of a non-turbo normally does sit a little higher at the front compared to the back end in my experience. I've had 3 n/a's now and it's been like this on all of them. I always thought that it had something to do with the non-turbo having less engine components than the turbo model, therefore the front end would weigh less? Getting a new set of springs would solve the problem though, I've had Whiteline springs on one car, Eibach on another and on this car I'm using STi pink springs. It still sits slighty higher at the front though lol maybe only a couple of centimetres though.

Last edited by scooberuni; 14 March 2016 at 01:27 PM.