Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Looks like one of our traders does not take care of our cars when test driving!

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2016, 11:22 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by banny sti
There are people for the clinic and people completely against the clinic, these two groups you dont need to worry about as they will not change their opinion regardless. Its the people in the middle who will be swayed for/against by how this has been handled up to press and what will happen going forward...
^^^ Completely agree Banny.

I've never used them, had no issue with them and stayed completely impartial. However, it has certainly made me think and doubt using them if I needed to in the future.

There is no doubt this will damage their business now. It could have been handled so much better by both sides.
Old 19 January 2016, 11:24 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
Beat Ken block, I beat that gymkhana car at the JGM day...in my remapped road car with a standard turbo
So why didnt you win gymkhana this year then?

Im assumign yours is a bog standard wrx then?

Old 19 January 2016, 11:50 AM
CHRI5
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Low post count noob checking in here...

Very amusing and enlightening thread, especially the few that still can't seem to realise the route cause. The fact is if that road had been kept in a state of decent repair, then this issue would not even have been possible. That responsibility falls to the owners, even if they don’t own the road, it’s their duty to see it is kept in a good state of repair, especially given the nature of their business. Leaving it to go to **** shows they don’t even respect their own employees and their cars who must have to drive over it every day. Needless to say even less care about customer cars if they think that is an acceptable access route to their premises. Also the fact that the driver behaves this way in front of another employee without any fear of reprisal shows that there is a ****ty culture in their working environment (the way the company subsequently respond in public further cement this). They think its acceptable behaviour. Once again this comes back to the owners. They are responsible for the way their staff behave at work. Obviously no respect or care for customer property has been instilled in these two individuals and no peer responsibility between each other has been encouraged. By their own actions, or lack thereof, the owners have let this situation occur and are ultimately responsible. It’s not just one stupid individual who has made the company look bad, they created the environment and brought it on themselves.

This is not my opinion, these are just simple obvious conclusions that can be drawn from the evidence in that small video clip.
Old 19 January 2016, 11:51 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by STi.G
I've seen the footage over and over. My car will be back at the clinic by the end of the week. So will my other half's. The same can be said for many people that know the clinic and know that this is an isolated incident. If anything we have more faith now than before because the clinic know the eyes of the subaru community are on them.

There are haters everywhere. Like Tidgy said, do a million things right and no-one notices. Do one thing wrong and everyone sees. It's not going to break the clinic and no amount of scaremongering, witch-hunts and lynching mobs are going to make it any more severe. You have your opinion and that's fine, but you don't speak for everyone.
I've never used Scoobyclinic, and probably won't as i don't have a Subaru anymore, but what has happened wouldn't put me off using them personally.

While the incident and outcome wasn't acceptable at all, a few comments from Kev/SC would probably have helped.

HOWEVER..... They may have been advised not to comment any further it it's going to a legal stage.

It's also worth remembering the test driver has left the company, and i'd suspect this will never happen there again with all the negative feedback/press.

One other point that nobody has picked up before.... the OP on the MLR refused to post the video as he was apparently dealing with Scoobyclinic and seeking legal advice.... yet it appeared on the Dailymail very quickly after it all kicked off.

It's getting to a silly stage IMO and turning into a witch hunt, such is often the case with social media these days.
Old 19 January 2016, 11:51 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
So why didnt you win gymkhana this year then?

Im assumign yours is a bog standard wrx then?

Err cos it's a road car...lol, will find the times for you if you like...nah just a remapped spec-c
Old 19 January 2016, 11:54 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Err cos it's a road car...lol, will find the times for you if you like...nah just a remapped spec-c
was it when he broke the gearbox?

haha, everydog has his day
Old 19 January 2016, 11:54 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Was just sent this link... made me chuckle...

http://www.scoobyclinic.net/
Old 19 January 2016, 11:56 AM
Dave-W-
Scooby Regular

Beat Ken block, I beat that gymkhana car at the JGM day...in my remapped road car with a standard turbo

pmsl
Old 19 January 2016, 11:59 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
You do realise I was referring to the baseball cap wearer on mlr insinuating all subaru drivers live in council houses, when the location under his avatar is one of the less desirable places to live in this fair isle, don't you?
What's wrong with living in s council house pal??
Old 19 January 2016, 12:04 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
was it when he broke the gearbox?

haha, everydog has his day
Pmsl...I have no idea, he got 10 runs in with it working tho...oh and it's a 2.5
Old 19 January 2016, 12:05 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

I would say that there will never be a better (safer) time for your P & J than right now to have your car worked on at the clinic. Kev, if he retains any interest in the business, will be watching like a hawk and the pot hole jockey has departed.
If they have any sense they will be squeaky clean and anxious to please and redeem their reputation.
Old 19 January 2016, 12:06 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Pmsl...I have no idea, he got 10 runs in with it working tho...oh and it's a 2.5
what was it handeling circuit?
Old 19 January 2016, 12:09 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
One other point that nobody has picked up before.... the OP on the MLR refused to post the video as he was apparently dealing with Scoobyclinic and seeking legal advice.... yet it appeared on the Dailymail very quickly after it all kicked off.
Funnily enough, i pointed this out earlier and got told that was perfectly acceptable.

Didn't somebody say as well that the boss at SC hadn't seen the video until it appeared on the Fails website?
Old 19 January 2016, 12:11 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
I would say that there will never be a better (safer) time for your P & J than right now to have your car worked on at the clinic. Kev, if he retains any interest in the business, will be watching like a hawk and the pot hole jockey has departed.
If they have any sense they will be squeaky clean and anxious to please and redeem their reputation.
Free service and remap with an SC32.
Old 19 January 2016, 12:11 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

It was posted briefly then removed, all this after Kev had already threatened legal action against him if he posted it which in my eyes is a bullying tactic and more than likely the reason it went the way it did, I would do the same if I was in that position, the guy made a complaint then got intimidated how ever you look at it, I've never been to them and never would but we all have our own reasons for choosing who we do
Old 19 January 2016, 12:12 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

I think the clinic should rebrand itself...like most of its products

call it Scooby hell because they mess up your cars.
Old 19 January 2016, 12:13 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Was just sent this link... made me chuckle...

http://www.scoobyclinic.net/
That's SUPERCALIFRAGILASTICEXPEALIDOCIOUS
Old 19 January 2016, 12:14 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Free service and remap with an SC32.
Wouldn't hurt to ask would it? (From a safe distance though)
Old 19 January 2016, 12:17 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It was posted briefly then removed, all this after Kev had already threatened legal action against him if he posted it which in my eyes is a bullying tactic and more than likely the reason it went the way it did, I would do the same if I was in that position, the guy made a complaint then got intimidated how ever you look at it, I've never been to them and never would but we all have our own reasons for choosing who we do

totally agree
Old 19 January 2016, 12:19 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Just seems very quick from the discussion with Kev to the video being on The Mail.

I'd be interested to see a timeline, from the pothole incident, the video being discovered, all the way up untill it being in The Mail.

At the end of the day it's none of my business, but it seems there are a lot of accusations flying around with only the video to (eventually) back it up.
Obviously there is no disputing what the video shows, but it'd be interesting to know both sides of what happened after that.
Old 19 January 2016, 12:19 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Wouldn't hurt to ask would it? (From a safe distance though)
Yeah I wouldn't want to be too close to kev right now, I imagine he's ******* fuming, bright red with smoke coming out of both ears.
Old 19 January 2016, 12:20 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Just seems very quick from the discussion with Kev to the video being on The Mail.

I'd be interested to see a timeline, from the pothole incident, the video being discovered, all the way up untill it being in The Mail.

At the end of the day it's none of my business, but it seems there are a lot of accusations flying around with only the video to back it up.
Obviously there is no disputing what the video shows, but it'd be interesting to know both sides of what happened after that.
Register on m-soc, the emails to and from both parties are on there
Old 19 January 2016, 12:23 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Will have a look if i get a chance

I just feel sorry for the people working at the Clinic who are not involved, and could potentially loose their jobs if the place went **** up.

I'm sure most of us have colleagues who makes mistakes, and i'm sure we'd all be pretty annoyed and worried if a colleagues actions directly effected us, through no fault of our own.
Old 19 January 2016, 12:36 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Link?
Old 19 January 2016, 12:40 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamo
Link?
There you go bro

http://midlandscoobies.invisionzone.com/
Old 19 January 2016, 12:50 PM
Turbo sti
Scooby Regular

Default AVOID SCOOBY CLINIC

Originally Posted by Jamo
Link?
AVOID SCOOBY CLINIC
Old 19 January 2016, 01:11 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Has Kev made any statements yet on any of the forums or many facebook pages that are now covered with this story ???
Not yet, I'd imagine he's rater busy right now.
Old 19 January 2016, 01:13 PM
Turbo sti
Scooby Regular

Default SCOOBY clinic

Originally Posted by LSherratt
no vid no proof
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3404946/Subaru-owner-s-anger-garage-staff-pothole-video.html
Old 19 January 2016, 01:14 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting to read both sides of the story, being an MS member I got to see the emails.
No one has come out of this looking good and both parties could have handled it better.
I don't believe a witch hunt jeopardizing innocent peoples jobs is necessary however.
Old 19 January 2016, 01:19 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jayallen
Are they? I know of two SC46's that started to blow from the exhaust housing due to the way it was welded. One was sent to Turbo Dynamics where it had a proper housing fitted at the owners expense and the other was sent back to SC under warrant but the owner waited 4 months for it to be returned!

They are not the only SC46's to suffer the same issue.
That was a common issue to the older units where they cracked, they have rectified this issue to a newer design in the new units.
I looked into this deeply.

Quick Reply: Looks like one of our traders does not take care of our cars when test driving!